TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-05-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
scjbob

Default New 3124KS is leaking badly!

Has anyone else experienced this with a new TM? Actually, let me explain. We bought a 2008 3124KS this March 2009. It was sitting at the dealer's lot for as much as a year. This week we took our first trip and spent 4 nights in the Williamsburg area. On the last night we had a strong thunderstorm and the leaks started. First, from above the large window on the driver's side (L). It appears to be coming from the body seam at the roof line. Then the main vent fan started leaking. Next, the other large window, on the opposite side (R) started leaking. This is clearly the window seal and not the roof line. And finally, the seal around the roof a/c unit began leaking. Before we knew it the floor started to buckle at the door area below the vent fan leak. And finally, it appears that the seal at the toilet is compromised because we found a slight blue stain at the base when we cleaned up.

The dealer will be pressure testing the trailer this next week and has guaranteed a resolution. I was just curious if anyone else has had this kind of leakage with their TM.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

My 2007 3124KS leaked during a major rain storm with high wind. We had camped in it in rain previously and it did not leak. After we got home we took off the cover from the outside and I took photos from every angle of anything I could see on the ac from the inside as well as from on the roof and posted them here. Some one said it looked like a seal was missing so we took it to the dealer and they fixed it. My pics may still be on here I will look for them. Other then that we have been blessed with no leaks.

Do you have the aluminum trim piece over the door? Does it look well sealed behind the awning where it attaches to the camper? These are just a few things to look for.

Yours is still under warranty so that is a relief for you.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
gocntry

Quote:
Originally Posted by scjbob View Post
We bought a 2008 3124KS this March 2009. It was sitting at the dealer's lot for as much as a year. This week we took our first trip and spent 4 nights in the Williamsburg area. On the last night we had a strong thunderstorm and the leaks started. And finally, it appears that the seal at the toilet is compromised because we found a slight blue stain at the base when we cleaned up.
Was That The Storm That Came Thru Saturday Night Night May 30th?? My Family and I Were Camping At Bull Run Park In Fairfax County And Went Thru That Storm In A 2008 2720 (sitting on the dealers lot for almost a year) The Weather Was NASTY. The Boy Scouts In The 2 Lots Across From Us Bailed Out And Went Home Sometime During The Night (came back for their tents the next day). But We Were Dry In Our TM.

As For The Blue Stain The First Time We Went Camping We Had That But It Hasn't Happened Since. I'm Guessing Dry Seals In The Toilet? And After We Had It Full Of Water It Might Have Swelled The Seals??
Old 06-05-2009, 04:39 PM   #4
rumbleweed

The caulk on the roof seams can come lose fairly easily. This is especially true of a dealer sends there inexperienced wash kid out with a pressure washer to clean it up. ( The manual clearly states not to use a pressure washer). To find the lose sections of caulk, take a hair dryer on high fan cool temp and blow directly at the caulk joints at a 45 degree angle to the roof. Watch the caulk carefully, loose sections will flutter. Carefully look under the caulk. If it is dirty, water has gotten under a loose section. Remove tha bad section, thoroughly clean with alcohol and when dry, I use 5200 marine sealant. It is a little harder to use, but will never come lose. Check all the window seams as well as the seams around the marker lights. Because of all the leaks you have, I would suspect the power washer.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #5
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

This is the link to my ac photos:

http://community.webshots.com/album/560538511uVfwCN

This is a link to my thread on my ac leak:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=6332

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
rajmoore

I have had leaks around my vents as well. I simply removed the old caulk, re applied around the base with new caulk - and problem solved!
rajmoore is offline   Reply With Quote