TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-05-2003, 05:34 AM   #1

Default Leaking windows

Has anyone else had a problem with leaking windows?  If so, how did you repair it?  Went out to check on the trailer yesterday, and found water leaking in around the window next to the fridge.  Just wondering if we need to remove the window to repair.
Old 01-05-2003, 12:36 PM   #2
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Leaking windows

You did not say if the water was leaking from the top of the window or the bottom edge. If it is from the bottom edge, then go out side and you will see little slits at the bottom of the window. Take something tiny and clean out the slot. A paper clip opened up works well for me or a piece of heavier but smaller guage wire. I had this problem on my old 1994 model, but cleaning out the slots solved the problem. A friend of mine has a Class B motorhome and he had the same problem with leaking. I told him to clean out the slots, and the leaking at the bottom of the window was solved.

Give it a try to see if it works. Please let me know if the leak was at the bottom of the window. ??? ???

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 06:24 PM   #3

Unfortunately the leak is at the top.  Initially I had thought the slots might be clogged too.  Even though the leak is coming from the top, I checked them anyway, and they are clean.  The water is running from top of the movable pane, down the inside, and pooling at the bottom.  Because of the window valance, I can't see the very top of the window.  I am going to have to take this apart to get a good look at it.  Luckily it is going to be warm and dry for several days, so I be able to look at it.

Has anyone taken the valance apart?  I may call the factory to see if they have any ideas.
Old 01-28-2003, 11:15 AM   #4

I have taken the Valance apart, and it was no big deal.  I took off all my curtains and valances to dye them.  They went back on with ease.