TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
Shandysplace

Default Honda eu2000i and the Coleman Mach 3 AC

Our Elkmont 26 has the Coleman Mach 3+ AC unit. The specs call for a maximum load of 14.5 amps at 115V with the compressor cycling. It appears the Honda eu2000i could easily handle this load and would enable us to camp during the summer in campgrounds w/o hookups. We're comfortable w/the 47lb weight? Comments?
Old 04-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
rumbleweed

The 2000 might run it if it can start it, The biggest problem will be restarting after running for a while, If it restarts before the pressure has equalized, it will most likely trip the breaker, You need to look at the start current. I have a small chiller on my reef tank and it will start it once and run it, but not restart it again for an hour or so.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
PopBeavers

I can start the a/c on my TM 2720. If I turn the a/c off and then back on, it will trip the breaker on the a/c.

Yamaha makes a 2400 watt inverter. This will work better, depending on altitude.

3000 watts will work at any elevation.

Fortunately, the a/c is not needed in California. If it is too hot to sleep then you are too low in elevation. Next time, camp higher up the mountain or camp closer to the coast.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
Beak12

Next time, camp higher up the mountain or camp closer to the coast.[/QUOTE]

POP your vary funny. LOL
Old 04-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #5
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Talking

Yeah it sounds like Pop is feeling better.

Hey try camping in the Florida Keys in August with no air! Been there done that but not for long...moved into a motel the next day.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:00 AM   #6
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post

Hey try camping in the Florida Keys in August with no air! Been there done that but not for long...moved into a motel the next day.
Been there done that in sept. in a tent, no thanks I'll pass and go look for a high mountain

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #7
gcubed

I have a Honda 2000. I have tested it at home with my ac and it runs great, don't expect to run anything else though. I have not tested it at high elevation. I am at about 800ft above sea level. I expect I may test it this summer during the 4th of July weekend I am hoping to go to Yosemite.

-Gregg
Old 04-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #8
PopBeavers

For several decades I have been saying that I am willing to move anywhere that has better weather than San Jose, CA. But I have never been able to find such a place.

But I finally found one two years ago.

The French Rivera, around Nice.

I can be at the beach in less than an hour. The mountains are three hours.

Anything lower in elevation than 4,000 feet is a foot hill. Mountains go from 4,000 to 14,000.

FWIW, Yesterday I received in the mail permits to take my son (27) and daughter (30) backpacking to the top of Mt. Whitney.

The top is a bit over 14,000 feet. The last water stop is around 10,000, where we will make base camp.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:44 AM   #9
Shandysplace

Default Thanks Gcubed

That's the performance confirmation we were looking for.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #10
gcubed

In case you have not purchased one yet..... I picked mine up from: http://www.wisesales.com/. Last August it was $750.00 + free shipping and no tax, at least in CA.

-Gregg