TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
BrianG

Default Outdoor shower and scissor jack repairs

Hi All,

I had several things go out on my last trip with my 2003 2720.

1. When I connect to city water and run my outside shower, water leaks out of a compartment under the trailer aft of the bathtub just behind the two drain valves (hot and cold high-pressure lines). This does not happen if I'm dry camping and the pump is pressurizing the outdoor shower. It looks like I may be able to remove the plastic? housing that is held on by several screws and is sealed with some type of sealant tat looks like caulk. This would give me access (I assume) to the faulty component to repair it. Has anyone done this?

2. One of the stabilizer scissor jacks slips and does not funtion properly anymore. It looks like it is just held on by 4 bolts. Has anyone replaced one of these? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Brian
Old 03-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
Al-n-Sue

Brian - I had a similar leak on my 2003 3124KB - I could see the leaking fixture through the outdoor shower access - I was able to remove it easily - but I could not reach the part that was leaking. I also have an access hole in my storage space at the back which further allowed me to see the leak. However, I was not able to fix the problem from there either. Part of the problem is that the connections are crimped clamps and are hard to remove. I finally took it to the dealer (under warranty) and got it fixed. My understanding is that they had to remove the bath tub to make the repair. You can do that yourself - there should be a thread somewhere that has where are all the hidden screws are.

By the way, the problem was that the faucet tubes that connect to the hot/cold hoses were just a hair too long and the connection was rubbing against the inside skin of the wall. A friend with the same problem fixed it by putting a spacer between the faucet and the tub, pulling the connection away from the wall. I think the dealer simply shortened the tube on mine to keep it from rubbing. If you look at the newer models, you see that they have put the faucets in the corner to eliminate the spacing problem.

Stabilizer jacks should be easily replaced. I think they are standard scissor jacks found at most RV supply stores.

Good luck.
Alan
Old 03-16-2009, 08:41 AM   #3
BrianG

Thanks for your response.

I could not find a thread on how to remove the tub (perhaps I didn't put in the right search terms). I will call Trailmanor and see if they can offer up some words of advice.

I hope to hear what others may have to say.

Thanks.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
Al-n-Sue

Brian - do a search on the words "remove shower faucet" in the plumbing section. You should get some good hits, including my original post - which I had forgotten about. There should be some helpful information there.

BTW - to remove the "shower box" which houses the faucet, you have to remove some long screws that are hidden behind a trim strip, and remove a lot of caulk. Just be sure to recaulk completely when you put it back together.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #5
Harry Womack

Default Scissor Jacks

Camping World has a sale on the 7500# x 24" scissor jacks (set of two) for $69.99 with free shipping. Sale ends today!

The link is:
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...890517&rewrote
Maxxis load range E tires @ 75 PSI
2013 1500 Suburban Z71 5.3 4X4 w/
Firestone air bags inside of springs.
Not using Trail Manor now. Replaced
with 2020 motorhome
Harry Womack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:39 AM   #6
BrianG

Thanks to all for the helpful posts. I will try to tackle the repairs this weekend.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:34 AM   #7
mtnguy

BrianG,

I took off 1 of my scissors jacks on my 2003 2720, and 2 of the lag bolts broke on me. I couldn't find like bolts in the area, but I did order identical bolts from the Trailmanor factory. I drilled out the old broken pieces, installed the new bolts, and all was well with the world again.

Just wanted you to beware that after 6 years or so, the bolts do get rusty and stubborn.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:30 AM   #8
rjsmalley

I don't have an outside shower, but had a similar problem inside. Water came from the same area you mentioned. While you can remove this cover, it does not give you the kind of access you need to the problem area. I needed to remover a box my shower faucet is mounted on (I have a 2001) not the tub. As it turned out, the leak was from one of the crimped fittings which had cracked. I needed to cut the bad one out, replace it with a new (different style compression) fitting. It has held up well over the last two seasons.
I would see if you can pull the out door shower unit out in order to gain access to the fittings.