TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #1
JOEALAN

Default Bed slides worned down

I notice when pulling the beds out (or in) the nylon running strips are pretty worned out and one has broke away and I can see the frame. Has anyone replace these strips, or is this something I should take to the dealer to have done. Looks like 1 to 1 1/2" wide and no more than 1/8" thick. Has anyone tried replacing them?

Thanks,

Joe
Old 03-11-2008, 12:11 PM   #2
Brian3023

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEALAN View Post
I notice when pulling the beds out (or in) the nylon running strips are pretty worned out and one has broke away and I can see the frame. Has anyone replace these strips, or is this something I should take to the dealer to have done. Looks like 1 to 1 1/2" wide and no more than 1/8" thick. Has anyone tried replacing them?

Thanks,

Joe
I just ordered replacements from Adam at TrailManor. Looks like just a matter of unscrewing the old ones and mounting the new ones. I'll reply again if I run into anything unforeseen. Replaced the bed bolts also so hopefully good for another 10 years.

Brian
Old 03-11-2008, 06:44 PM   #3
2blueranger
Site Sponsor

Default nylon bed slides

I've replaced one side of my bed slides. For some reason the other side was still in perfect shape. Called Trailmanor service and they sent them right on out. No problem replacing.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:02 PM   #4
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Are you talking about the slides that attach the support arms that swing in and out when you pull the bed in and out (under the bed) or the slides along the sides of the bed?

I've fixed the ones along the sides. It was a time-consuming process. Replacing the bottom "guides" should be super easy, just get a part from the TM factory.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:00 AM   #5
JOEALAN

Default Bed slides

B & D I think we are talking about the same bed slides. Looks approx. 1/2 to 1 inch wide, 1/8" think and at least the lenght of bed (96" long) when siding in and out. Visible while inside trailor pulling beds out and into there stationary position when setting up.

Our they difficult to remove? Can you remove old and install new without removing bed? Our they glued or screwed on? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks everyone for your response.

Joe
Old 03-12-2008, 08:02 AM   #6
JOEALAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian3023 View Post
I just ordered replacements from Adam at TrailManor. Looks like just a matter of unscrewing the old ones and mounting the new ones. I'll reply again if I run into anything unforeseen. Replaced the bed bolts also so hopefully good for another 10 years.

Brian
Thank you Brain, I believe the ones your talking about are the nylon fittings on the outside of the TM bed arms.

Again, thank you. Joe
Old 03-12-2008, 08:04 AM   #7
JOEALAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blueranger View Post
I've replaced one side of my bed slides. For some reason the other side was still in perfect shape. Called Trailmanor service and they sent them right on out. No problem replacing.
Thank you. Joe. Did you glue or fastened down?
Old 03-12-2008, 11:59 AM   #8
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

When I fixed ours I had to take the bed out, remove the old broken pieces and old glue (not just the strips are glued on, my fabric was glued onto the metal support L and the plastic was glued on top of that), re-glue everything, and then put the bed back in. If you would like more details PM me and I'll fill you in. I also have a drawing that I made for another TM board member that explains the way I did it. It took me about a week, but I wasn't in a hurry. I wanted to do it once, do it right, and never have to do it again. I thought it was important to have a smooth surface along the outside (no screws) otherwise it will tear up the corner molding in the bathroom and behind the folding wardrobe.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:30 AM   #9
JOEALAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D View Post
When I fixed ours I had to take the bed out, remove the old broken pieces and old glue (not just the strips are glued on, my fabric was glued onto the metal support L and the plastic was glued on top of that), re-glue everything, and then put the bed back in. If you would like more details PM me and I'll fill you in. I also have a drawing that I made for another TM board member that explains the way I did it. It took me about a week, but I wasn't in a hurry. I wanted to do it once, do it right, and never have to do it again. I thought it was important to have a smooth surface along the outside (no screws) otherwise it will tear up the corner molding in the bathroom and behind the folding wardrobe.
Thanks B & D. It looks like a project I'm going to hold off until the winter. I think I can at least remove the broken section out and replace for the time being.

Since I cannot park my TM outside my garage on my property (Silly city rules and regulations) I'll need to move my TM to a place where I can work on it for more than one day.

Joe
Old 04-10-2009, 07:31 AM   #10
JOEALAN

Default Sway arms, replace nylon track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian3023 View Post

Brian
Brain, did you replace the nylon strip and bed bolts? My son thinks we need something to hold up the extended bed before you can remove and replace nylon strip otherwise it could collaspe? The last time I had it open late summer, it look like a clear cut easly removal. Anyone out there have any problems replacing?

Joe