TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2011, 11:18 PM   #10
BigBear

Yes, I have a steep driveway that i think is greater than 13% and it is shown in the pdfs in one of the previous posts. I already had the lift kit having a 2007 2720SL but I would agree with the others to add a lift kit first which would raise things 2.5 inches and perhaps also go to 15 inch wheels with the load D range tires instead of 14 inch which will also raise the trailer another inch and provide additional load capacity and safety. If you are interested in the trailmanor bike hitch receiver to carry a couple of bikes thentwo paxtron swivel castor skid wheels can fairly easily be added. It is important they are swivel as you generally turn as well when backing up and non swivel castors will scrape the concrete as well as I found out with the first non swivel castor I bought. However the wheels and tires, bike receiver and skids in total costed about $1000 and this did not include having to do a lift kit. Anyway as others noted I would first try the lift kit as a starter and go from there. A gutter board helps and backing up in a big gradual curve rather than straight back give you a lot more clearance but you need a spotter for this as it is difficult to see the far side of the garage. I raised my garage door to 8.5 feet from 7 feet as well for another $3000 but this was for another trailer I purchased before the trailmanor so I would also check you existing clearances to your garage door when backing up so you don't have any other surprises if you lift your trailer up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	skid wheels.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	5542