TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-14-2003, 12:59 PM   #1
Chris_Bauer

Default 3326/ Tow Vehicles

Hey guys,

I am selling my 2720SL (already have a buyer) and hopefully picking up a 3326 on April 1st .  I was wondering if those 3326 owners could tell me what you are towing with.  Eugene, I see you tow with an Olds Bravada rated at 5000 lbs.  Any comments?  I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks

Chris
Old 03-14-2003, 03:52 PM   #2
Gene

Default Re: 3326/ Tow Vehicles

Chris,

You will love your 3326.

I have absolutely no problems towing with my six banger Bravada. Inquiring minds are amazed that I am able to tow a 36 foot trailer with a six cylinder engine. I average about 13 to 14 miles per gallon, towing. I have towed it from the Midwest to the mountains of the west coast with ease many times. As many of us agree, towing a TrailManor is a breese. Nice feature of the Bravada is that it has self leveling rear shocks. I have clip on mirrors to my side mirrors. I do use a weight distributing hitch. I have never had a sway problem and never used a sway bar. One advantage of two axles, if heaven forbid, you have a blowout tire, you will not bottom out. Just make sure that you make wide turns. As you make a turn, once your axles clear an obsticle, you are clear and free to go. Left turns are easier because you can see the rear of the trailer. I have gotten much better at backing up. That takes practice and experience. My parking space at home is very tight. I have to jacknife backing up the trailer into my parking spot. Any specific questions you may have, I will try to answer.

Eugene
Old 03-14-2003, 11:21 PM   #3
Chris_Bauer

Eugene,

That's why I suggested the TV/TM list a couple of weeks ago. I didn't want to say anything until I had the TM in my hands.  

I can't think of anything right now that would be different from the 2720SL except for the quietness of the overhead A/C (positioned over the bed).  Supposedly, I will receive a Fiamma screen room so I can try it out and let everyone know how well it works.  

The dual axle concept is to my liking as I have always worried about a blowout.  I currently have Goodyear and they are great tires.  What do you keep your tire pressure at, maximum of 50?  I think Wade said a couple of pounds can really affect the mpg.

I have a deposit down on the unit so I feel pretty comfortable about picking it up on April 1st.  The saga continues....... 8)
Old 03-15-2003, 01:14 PM   #4
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Chris,

Our 1994 3326 King was pulled by a 1992 Dodge 250 van conversion with a 318 V8. I also pulled it with the 1998 Dodge Durango 360 V8 which was purchased new. We bought a new 2002 3326 King in Oct 2001. Both trailers pulled the same even though one was 8 years newer.

When you look at towing capacity, don't forget about the people and supplies that you have in your tow vehicle. Safety is #1 for me. When you get close to the towing capacity of a vehicle, then you might run into problems. Don't forget you have a lot more weight back there plus the loaded tow vehicle. Towing can be extra hard on a vehicle, so you want to make sure your investment is the right one. You do not want to find out that you should have something a little larger down the road. It's too big of an investment. Best wishes with your new 3326 King. We sure love ours!! I guess that's why we bought a second one after having the first one for 8 years. If you have any questions, just let me know, and I'll try answering them for you.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 01:40 PM   #5
Gene

Quote:
What do you keep your tire pressure at, maximum of 50? I think Wade said a couple of pounds can really affect the mpg.
Chris

I keep my tire pressure at 50.

Eugene
Old 03-16-2003, 11:46 AM   #6

Be sure you do not have Load Range "D"'s which are to be kept at 65 pounds. Run those at 50 pounds and you are guaranteed a blow out.  p.s.  Check the tire sidewall, not the owners manual or sticker on the camper.  Some that started out with "C"'s are now running "D"'s.
Old 03-17-2003, 01:00 AM   #7
arknoah

Chris,

Our 3225 is only a little lighter than the 3326, and we tow with a Toyota Sequoia, V8.  It may be more than we need for the unit, but it tows like a breeze.  We have always kept the tire pressure at exactly what it says on the sidewalls, which I believe is either 45 or 50 lbs.
Old 03-24-2003, 02:07 PM   #8
Happytrails

Just a quick side note, the Olds Bravada is the same thing is the S-10 blazer, different insignia, a few body style differences and options, but the same vehicle as well as the GMC Jimmy, same towing capacity and everything else. And yes, they have a 5,000lb towing capacity as well. For what it's worth, the GM 4.3L engine is basically the same as a 350 (5.7L) only missing two cylindars. Same size pistons, valves, etc..........Most of the parts are interchangable, which makes parts cheaper as well since they are abundant. (Both are very popular engines, and a lot of both on the road). (The Astro van/GMC Safari have the same engine as well, but I believe the motor mounts are in a different place, but not for sure). Just some food for thought...........

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.........[/glow]