TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2022, 07:35 AM   #1
coralcruze

Default Propane regulator hoses and alarms

So my TM is a 2720 2005 model year. Everything I am reading here and online seem to suggest that regulator should be switched out every 15 years and rubber pigtails every 5 years. The propane alarm 5 years of service life. I am thinking that I am nearing or exceeding that time frame.

Does everyone agree with the above? And what about the main supply hose that goes from the regulator to the RV? Also what about the tanks themselves? I think those should be dated correct? Anyone know how long those are good for?

So what I want to do is switch out parts that need to be replaced pro-actively befor there is an issue. Obviously however I am not wanting to add to landfill by prematurely replacing anything that does not need to be replaced. So guidance on that would be appreciated. I would also like to get recommendations or brands on the following:

1. 2-20 lb. Propane vertical tanks.
2. Propane Pigtails
3. Propane automatic switch regulator
4. Propane main hose.
5. Propane and CO detector

And... no there isn't a thing wrong with any of the above on my camper but here again what I am reading is that these components have a shelf life and should be replaced pro-actively.

Thanks in advance to everyone who has been so helpful ��
coralcruze is offline   Reply With Quote