TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
LeChateau2012

Default Our First time out with the TM !

Well we picked up our new 2619 TM at Custom RV in Anaheim on 4/19/12, headed out to Blue Water RV Resort in Parker, Arizona that same night. We were so excited to camp in our trailer vs. tent camping (that we had been doing for the past 10 years). We had a wonderful experience with the TM. No issues at all (so far). We parked it, opened it, showered, made breakfast and off to the boat to Parker Dam we were (really). I don't have any issues with storage i do have plenty.

I know this is one of TM smallest trailers but believe me we had enough room to sleep and sit all 5 of us. It can get cramped if more than one person is walking around but WTH! get out and sit outside is my motto!!!
We are off to Barstow KOA this weekend, and will be headed to the Kern River in about 2 weeks to test the dry camping capabilities!

I would like to extend a big thank you to all the members on this forum, it seems like we can get all the info needed to help us as newbies.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
PopBeavers

If you are truly dry camping, meaning no water near by, then as a rule of thumb I estimate 5 gallons of water per person per day.

I did a one hour presentation a few years ago about dry camping (pat myself on the back here). If you have never dry camped before it m
Old 05-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
Scott O

Glad the trip went OK...think of all the fun you will have when you get the hang of everything! Although it sounds like you did pretty good this time.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
LeChateau2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
If you are truly dry camping, meaning no water near by, then as a rule of thumb I estimate 5 gallons of water per person per day.

I did a one hour presentation a few years ago about dry camping (pat myself on the back here). If you have never dry camped before it m
I would love to see the presentation ... where can i find it.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
LeChateau2012

thanks Scot! we just came back from a KOA in Barstow (i know there is nothing there but Calico Ghost Town) it was warm, we had hook ups so ofcourse the a/c was a treat.

We did find a hole in the bathroom partition. location:inside the bathroom you face the door and the small partition to the left had a hole in it??? about the size of a thumb!!! dont know where it came from !!! While thinking about it afterwards we think it was from the latch that hold the top partition and bottom together. hubby had an issue with the water i am still not sure what hapened. (not that i didnt care i was having too much fun too care ) !!!! thanks again for the support!! I appreciate it..
Old 05-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChateau2012 View Post
I would love to see the presentation ... where can i find it.
I just sent a PM to:

Sharon & Andy
Shandysplace

Andy filmed it. I think it was George that did the edit and DVD burn.

If we can get you a copy I hope you find it useful. I tried to cover everything that a first time boon docker would need to know. It runs for about an hour.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #7
LeChateau2012

Quote:
I just sent a PM to:

Sharon & Andy
Shandysplace

If we can get you a copy I hope you find it useful. I tried to cover everything that a first time boon docker would need to know. It runs for about an hour.
I have not received anything yet?
Old 05-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #8
Jdr999

Quote:
I just sent a PM to:

Sharon & Andy
Shandysplace

I'd be interested in a buying a copy also..

Thanks,
Joe
Old 05-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #9
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I'd be willing to lend someone ours if they would send it back to me, or forward it to someone else who wants to see it who would send it back to me. If you're interested, send me a PM.

Upon edit: I have searched for this DVD but can't find it since we remodeled our family room. If I find it I will re-post with this offer.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #10
LeChateau2012

Default Well well well!!!!

all i can say is we had such an amazing summer with our TM and are very happy with it. We have taken it out at least 15 times this summer! We have not had any major problems with it. But i know if we ever do have issues i know i can always count on the trailmanor owners forum.