TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-28-2016, 02:52 PM   #1
SamHeatherandgirls

Default Sold Olga

I sold Olga this afternoon to a man from Omaha, Nebraska. He saw the posting I put on Craigslist and was interested. He drove out to St. Louis today and ended up the owner of Olga. My kiddos are a little sad, but are excited about getting something different.

I think I've settled on a Jayco Jay Flight SLX 267BHSW. It seems to meet all of the requirements laid out by the boss. Thanks to all of the people here who answered questions for me. This forum was a great resource for me and for all the TrailManor owners out there.

-Sam
SamHeatherandgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 03:56 PM   #2
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Sam,

Sorry the TM didn't meet all your needs and wants, but the Jayco looks like a nice set up for you and the family. Good camping to ya'll and safe travels.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 07:05 PM   #3
fnkypogo

Default Hi SamHeatherandGirls

Glad we met you at Babler SP (St Louis) with both TM at same campsite. Only our second outing with our 2006 2070SL purchased in 03/2016. May never see two TMs in same site again!? Enjoy your new adventure. We have SO much to learn about TM. Wonderful to have this forum!
fnkypogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 07:46 PM   #4
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Talking wow ..now thats really BIG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkypogo View Post
Glad we met you at Babler SP (St Louis) with both TM at same campsite. Only our second outing with our 2006 2070SL purchased in 03/2016. May never see two TMs in same site again!? Enjoy your new adventure. We have SO much to learn about TM. Wonderful to have this forum!
I"m sure you made a little mistake about your T(rail)M(anor). You see the TM's number is the designation of the dimensional lengths of the trailer when it is folded up and opened....so in your case I am suspecting that you have a 2720SL...which translates to it being 27 feet long when opened and 20 feet long when folded up for traveling. The SL stands for the slide out model with the couch instead of the bed in front....I believe that's correct...if not let me know....so I have a 3124KS which means it's 31 (open) and 24 (closed) feet long and the KS means it has the kingsize bed in the back (K) and the S stands for slide like yours (with a couch in the front instead of the bed)....otherwise your TM has successfully transcended the laws of physics in this dimension of consciousness being 20' long when opened and 70' when closed up.....are you towing something else behind your TM?
Other than being informative ( I just thought you might like to know) this is suppose to be a funny!
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:03 PM   #5
Padgett
TrailManor Master

And just to muddy the water, my 2720SL is 19'4" closed and 23' open (with the hitch unswung). I suspect they mean it has the equivalent cabin space to a 27' trailer.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:36 AM   #6
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Correct, Padgett. My 2417 is 18' ball-to-bumper when closed, and 21' when open.

To muddy the waters, though, while the first pair of numbers is supposed to represent the length of fixed-wall trailer of the same stated length (27 feet, for instance), some manufacturers are no longer including the tongue length in their general statement of the length of the trailer. I was in the RV.net forum a while ago, and people had been posting their lengths. Some manufacturer-claimed lengths included tongue, and some did not. I have not done independent research to verify those claims, so I take this information with a grain of salt.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:36 PM   #7
SamHeatherandgirls

Fnkypogo was like me and my family, very new to the TM. They had a pretty nice setup going for only being on their second outing. I'm pretty sure they were in a 2720, as I recall seeing the seating arrangement in the front.

It was the first time I'd ever even seen another TM, let alone set up in the same campground. After a few bicycle trips by their site, I finally caught them at home and talked for at least an hour or so about the TM. Some good folks who no doubt will be using the forum!

We are going to pick up our new camper on Friday afternoon. Talked to the local RV Dealer, Apache Village, and told them what I wanted. I was told it would be at least 3 weeks until the model I wanted arrived. The next day the salesman called and said one was on the lot, but not entered in inventory yet. The family and I went out and looked at it, put money down, and agreed to finalize the sale and pick it up this Friday. Its a Jayco Jay Flight SLX 267BHSW. It really seems like it will meet our needs, especially as the kids get older and want to bring friends along. I'm definitely going to miss the easy towing and good gas mileage.
SamHeatherandgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:45 PM   #8
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Except I measured my 2720SL to be 19'4" tongue to rear bumper. The roof (folded) measures 15'3". each arm is almost 44" hinge to torsion bar. This makes the opened roofline 183+44+44"=271" or22'7". Floor is a bit less & depends on the model.

Like I said, open the cabin is ~23' long (at the roofline). Most of the front is over the tongue so the open length is about the same.. Regardless I find the almost 160 sq. ft. to be quite spacious for one or two adults and cats.

Looks like the Jay has about 30 more sq. ft. and the bunk beds are nice for a family while the slide adds space. Nice choice.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:19 AM   #9
fnkypogo

Default My bad!

2720SL is correct. I will never stake a claim to any typing ability. We are headed to Nebraska for 'Junkstock' this weekend - our third outing. This time we will put the air conditioner to the test. Should be a warm one!
fnkypogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:35 AM   #10
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Wink that sounds really macho....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToCamp View Post
Correct, Padgett. My 2417 is 18' ball-to-bumper when closed, and 21' when open.

To muddy the waters, though, while the first pair of numbers is supposed to represent the length of fixed-wall trailer of the same stated length (27 feet, for instance), some manufacturers are no longer including the tongue length in their general statement of the length of the trailer. I was in the RV.net forum a while ago, and people had been posting their lengths. Some manufacturer-claimed lengths included tongue, and some did not. I have not done independent research to verify those claims, so I take this information with a grain of salt.
Maybe it's just a guy thing....
I know...poor taste again....just can't help myself...it's an affliction I have been dealing with all my life.
Tom Foolery
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote