TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-23-2007, 04:57 PM   #1
RollingStones

Default Cable TV Question

OK so are we all in agreement that there is no dumb question on this forum? Great! We bought our 02 2619 in April. It is our first RV and we love love love it, but can't figure out how to get TV reception. We're not big TV people even at home, and so far have just been using the DVD player for the kids. This weekend I really wanted to watch something besides Spy Kids. We have the antenna and booster. But I must be doing something wrong. We raise the antenna, attach the cable to the TV and the cable outlet next to the plug and Voila, no signal. Never a signal. What can I be doing wrong? (Remember, no dumb ?'s)
Also, when we do stay at a 'cable hook up' location, where does the cable plug into on the 2619 (02)?
... does anyone have a picture?... I am a visual learner.

Muchas Gracias
Kristin from San Diego, CA
Old 09-23-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
Allen1124

Remember, that it is always possible that the campground is having "technical problems", so before going crazy, ask them. We have had various campground problems from time to time. Never used the antenna, since cable has been available.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:27 PM   #3
goyisacup

Default Cable TV

First, check your TV setup on your TV to see if you need to change from antenna to cable. When your TV is set to receive cable, do not push in the little black button that turns on a little green LED light. The little black button is only to boost antenna reception, not cable reception.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:25 PM   #4
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Kristin,
When using the antenna on the roof, with the booster turned on (little black button), you must be in an area where TV reception is available via the antenna. You'd be surprised at how quickly you can get 25-50 miles out of a major metropolitan area, with a few hills between you and town and will not have any reception at all... except a snowy screen.

In the RV park, you need to run your cable connection up between the shells, under the flaps, and connect it directly to the TV. TM doesn't provide an exterior connector for cable hook ups, at least not of the age of your unit, or my older unit.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:07 AM   #5
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Heuvelhorst View Post
Kristin,

In the RV park, you need to run your cable connection up between the shells, under the flaps, and connect it directly to the TV. TM doesn't provide an exterior connector for cable hook ups, at least not of the age of your unit, or my older unit.
OK, I have never used a TV while camping, and don't intend to, but what is the cable type hookup right beside the outside phone jack for???

Chap
Old 09-24-2007, 07:20 AM   #6
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
OK, I have never used a TV while camping, and don't intend to, but what is the cable type hookup right beside the outside phone jack for??? Chap
Hmmm???? ...never noticed outside cable connector or phone jack on our TM (it's only a year older than yours). Where are the jacks located? I might be missing something!

Have only used cable TV once, but we do use the TV antenna w/booster pretty regularly. I'm always surprised how well that antenna works - and we're usually way out in the boonies!
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:30 AM   #7
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie & Nick View Post
Hmmm???? ...never noticed outside cable connector or phone jack on our TM (it's only a year older than yours). Where are the jacks located? I might be missing something!
The the left of the fridge vents. I looked all over when they were talking about the phone jacks, and finally found those inputs (?) there. It looks like a flip up electrical receptacle.

Chap
Old 09-24-2007, 08:37 AM   #8
Joseph

On my 06 TM there is an outside cable outlet street side beside the phone connection. That is where the camp ground cable connects to. The TV connects to the cable outlet inside the TM no matter what I am using for a signal source. The only difference is that when using the TM Antenna the little black button is pushed in to improve signal strength. It is not pushed in when using camp ground cable. Try it..
Old 09-24-2007, 11:33 AM   #9
flyguy

I have a 2004 3124KB and mine is located at the same point and works the same way as Joseph's.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:24 AM   #10
rjsmalley

All instructions concerning connecting TV to receptacle and pushing the button is fine, that works very well for local reception. But snaking the cable through the shell and vinyl flap is not required if you use the tee that is located outside the unit (actually under the camper) below the refrigerator vent. I just connect a 25’ cable from the camp ground’s hookup to that tee and it works. By the way, this tee was on my unit when I got it and I have only had a problem one time when the cable from the antenna pulled out of one side of the tee. I needed to replace the connection fitting, fasten it back into the tee and was back up and running. Other then that, I get great reception from either the antenna (when near to broadcast) or cable.