Old 11-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Default Honda EU2000 generator recall

Check it out:
http://http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml13/13042.html

NEWS from CPSC

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission

Office of Communications Washington, D.C.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 15, 2012
Release #13-042 Firm's Recall Hotline: (888) 888-3139
CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908
American Honda Recalls Portable Generators Due to Fire and Burn Hazards

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.

Name of Product: Portable Generators

Units: About 150,600

Distributor: American Honda Motor Co. Inc., of Torrance, Calif.

Hazard: The generator’s fuel hose can leak, posing fire and burn hazards.

Incidents/Injuries: Honda is aware of four incidents of fuel leaks. No fires or injuries have been reported.

Description: This recall involves Honda gasoline-powered portable generators with model number EU2000i and serial numbers EAAJ-2260273 through EAAJ-2485025. The generators are black and red in color or have a camouflage design. They measure about 20 inches long by 11 ½ inches wide by 16 ½ inches tall. “Honda,” “EU converter” and the model number 2000i are printed on the side of the generator. “Companion” is printed on the side of some EU2000i models. The serial number is located on the lower right side, rear corner of the generator.

Sold at: Honda Power Equipment dealers, Camping World, Gander Mountain, Grainger, Hertz Rental, John Deere, National Pump & Compressor, Northern Tool, Scheels Sporting, Sportsman’s Warehouse, Sunbelt Rentals, True Value, United Rentals, White Cap and Wholesale Sports store nationwide and online from October 2011 through September 2012 for between $1,150 and $1,400.

Manufactured in: Japan

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled generators and contact the nearest Honda Power Equipment dealer to schedule a free inspection and repair.

Consumer Contact: American Honda; Phone toll-free (888) 888-3139, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or online at http://powerequipment.honda.com and click on “Recalls and Updates” under “Service and Support” for more information.

Honda Portable Generator
Serial Number Location

Honda Portable Generator

---

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is still interested in receiving incident or injury reports that are either directly related to this product recall or involve a different hazard with the same product. Please tell us about your experience with the product on SaferProducts.gov

CPSC is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of injury or death associated with the use of the thousands of consumer products under the agency's jurisdiction. Deaths, injuries, and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $900 billion annually. CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical, or mechanical hazard. CPSC's work to ensure the safety of consumer products - such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters, and household chemicals - contributed to a decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 30 years.

Under federal law, it is illegal to attempt to sell or resell this or any other recalled product.

To report a dangerous product or a product-related injury, go online to: SaferProducts.gov, call CPSC's Hotline at (800) 638-2772 or teletypewriter at (301) 595-7054 for the hearing and speech impaired. Consumers can obtain this news release and product safety information at www.cpsc.gov. To join a free e-mail subscription list, please go to www.cpsc.gov/cpsclist.aspx.
ShrimpBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #2
rocknroll

Just logged on to post the same thing - thought I would check first and behold it is already posted.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
T and C
TrailManor Master

I got the letter from Honda listing the serial numbers involved in the recall. I checked my generator and it was included.

I took it to a dealer. They checked it out and said that on mine the device under recall had been properly installed and there was no problem. However, he said that they had checked some that had hoses almost worn through.

Since those hoses carry gasoline...this could be a serious problem. Liquid gasoline on a hot motor...NOT good.

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote