TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-23-2014, 04:47 PM   #11
FujiPedaler

Many of us have a "Blue Tote" or like us we have a gray Tote that comes in different gallon capacities.

When new to the Trailmanor, we had water come up in our tub and ruined a hair dryer. Then not too fast on the draw, we ruined a second hair dryer and that was when the light bulb lit up. So now we have a tote and we use it every 3rd day or so.

We use the Tetford a lot because we drink a lot of water, and that is good for all of Your body systems.

You just need to find out your own usages.
WDH, Rear receiver for bikes,
Hual-a-vator for Kayaks
Norman & Elizabeth
FujiPedaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:36 AM   #12
moaboy

I agree with love to camp, with practice one can get along just fine with using less water, but you have to think differently than when you are in a conventional home.
Having said that, people who live in areas where there is not much water learn to get by practicing many of the techniques mentioned here.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:23 AM   #13
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I think the big use of water is the dishes and shower. We use to fill the gray tank very fast on our first camper. The camper did not have a gauge and I would hear the drain is slow or water is coming up in the tub.

We know have a method that we almost use no water to do the dishes, using about a gallon. If the CG has a nice shower we use the CG shower.

Also, The indicator is a little misleading. The tank sensors come on when the water level reaches the sensor, which is about the 3/4 level. Most of the time we still have room in the gray tank after 3 nights/days, but the gauge may say were full.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #14
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I think we will definitely need to become more more "stingy" than usual. Will also pay closer attention to what the gages do vs. the actual levels for future reference.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 08:57 AM   #15
Stouf2720QD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr carver View Post
I had what seemed to be something similar. It seemed the display was either empty or full very quickly. What I found was that the wires to the sensors were hooked up incorrectly. The red wire should go to the top sensor, green to the middle and yellow to the lower. These are at the side of the grey water tank.

The attached pictures are with it wired backwards.

First trip in our 2720QD - gray tank full … wiring looks a little different … yellow to top, green to middle, another yellow to bottom, & red to power. Meter shows 2/3 full after one Afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5730.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	897.6 KB
ID:	23078  
Stouf2720QD is offline   Reply With Quote