TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-21-2005, 08:08 PM   #1
2bcs1jrt

Default Installing Weight Distribution Hitch

I hope this isn't a dumb question but we (meaning my husband) just installed a Reese Round Bar WDH on our 1996 2518. No where in the instructions does it say to permanently mount the snap up brackets on the A frame. It only says to insert a 3 inch long bolt into a hole on the inside lip of the bracket and tighten against the frame. That seems precarious to me. My husband feels that the downward force of the bars would hold it but Im not convinced. I see holes that look as if they are for screwing into the frame but there is no reference to them in the instructions. What is the correct way to mount the brackets?
Cheri
Old 08-21-2005, 10:30 PM   #2
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Default Those instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bcs1jrt
......No where in the instructions does it say to permanently mount the snap up brackets on the A frame. It only says to insert a 3 inch long bolt into a hole on the inside lip of the bracket and tighten against the frame. .......Cheri
Seems the instructions are correct. Hang the Snap-Up Bracket on the frame and cinch the bolt down nice 'n tight. Mine worked that way.

Below find an image of just such a setup (lifted from another post):

Denny_A

To err is human; to Zin devine!
Old 08-22-2005, 10:15 AM   #3
2bcs1jrt

Well that makes me feel a little better...even though it still seems a bit strange.
Thank You!
Cheri
Old 08-22-2005, 06:10 PM   #4
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

Although rare, husbands are sometimes right. Watch carefully in the immediate future however because he has several "WRONGS" coming before he is due another "RIGHT" :-).
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 07:31 PM   #5
2bcs1jrt

Right or wrong, Im good with it so long as it doesn't mean watching my TM taking a RIGHT while our TV is taking a left
Cheri