TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-24-2002, 10:16 AM   #1

Default Where to Hang an Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer

I just purchased a small digital Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer, and now need a place to install it.  Any ideas?  

Obviously I want to open and close the TM with out knocking it off the wall, or pulling the wire out.

Thanks
Old 09-24-2002, 10:30 AM   #2
Happytrails

Default Re: Where to Hang an Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer

I would mount it to the side of where the fridge is, and dangle the wire out the flap, just remember to pull it back in before closing, or tape, (or glue), it down to the side of the TM as far as it goes down to prevent slack.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:28 PM   #3
tipper

I mount one by the electrical outlet using double sided tape.  I pass the wire probe through the box containing the antennae amp.  The probe then passes down the refer access area and just extends outside of the bottom access door [about 1"].  
Old 09-25-2002, 12:50 PM   #4
Gene

I mounted my indoor/outdoor thermometer on the back wall above our bed. When I wake up in the morning, I can check the outside temperature before I crawl out of bed.
Old 09-28-2002, 01:48 AM   #5

Quote:
I mounted my indoor/outdoor thermometer on the back wall above our bed. When I wake up in the morning, I can check the outside temperature before I crawl out of bed.

Doesn't it get knocked off when you close up?

Dave
Old 09-28-2002, 03:41 PM   #6
Gene

I stuck the thermometer to the back wall with velcro, just below the window. I stuck the temperture senser in the same area, but on the outside. No, it does not get knocked off when closing the trailer.
Old 09-29-2002, 12:31 AM   #7

In our 3023, I ran the outdoor probe behind the TV stand and out the 11%V outlet.  About 1-2 inches of the probe is visible, and I made sure the outlet plate wasn't pinching the wires.

We leave the thermometer either on the TV stand itself, or put it on the ledge between the top & bottom of the trailer.

When breaking down, we simply put the thermometer on the floor next to the TV stand.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:29 PM   #8
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

I've been thinking of where to put one myself. My requirements are that I want it permanently installed, it must stay out of the sun, and it must be far enough away from any thinly insulated part of the trailer so that heat loss will not heat the sensor and cause it to give an inaccurate reading.

That limits my options, it seems. Have been thinking about mounting it next to the thermostat and dropping the sensor down through the floor and mount it in some impact resistant case (outlet box, tuperware container, etc.) with a few holes for ventillation. With 3 inches of foam in the floor and the fact that heat rises, I'm sure there's very little heat loss through the floor.

I also though about running it to the rear battery/storage compartment (in my 2720SL), but am guessing that might be a few degrees warmer. Any thoughts?

Many thanks,
Dave
ShrimpBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:03 PM   #9
Freedom

Our indoor/outdoor thermometer is a self setting (atomic) clock, too. It is mounted where the worthless/ugly Seth Thomas clock was on the front cabinets above the bed. Yours wouldn't have that of course being an SL. The outdoor unit hangs on a screw on the side of the front shell. It is wireless, so it can be moved if it's in the direct sun light. Our clock looks like this: (of course way cheaper at WalMart than at Cabela's- 19.95 at WalMart)http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...equestid=96376
Old 12-18-2007, 05:20 PM   #10
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

We also have a (different) "atomic" clock with wireless outside sensor. I set the sensor in the "handles" of one of the propane tanks when I'm setting up. When I turn off the propane tanks to pack down, I take the sensor back in.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote