TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-21-2012, 08:39 AM   #41
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewayneo View Post
I kept sloppy notes to try to put together some sorta "how to and tools used", but it'll be a real long boring thing for most people, so I'm not sure what to do there or where to put it?????
wayne
Wayne -

If you would like to organize your notes, and write up a tutorial with photos to go with it, this would be a great topic to put in the Technical Library. Bill Miller's tutorial on "Retrofitting the Lift Kit - In Words and Pictures" is a good example of the kind of stuff that is of interest to a lot of people.

Let me know if you would like to do this. If you would like some help putting it together, let me know - I am a pretty good editor.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #42
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

I agree, I think this would be a very popular topic in the library. Perhaps others here who have said they have ordered the Sealand could help polish the article as well once they've done the install.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #43
thewayneo

Location: Evergreen, Colorado. Halfway between Heaven and Paradise at 8,100 ft altitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Wayne -

If you would like to organize your notes, and write up a tutorial with photos to go with it, this would be a great topic to put in the Technical Library. Bill Miller's tutorial on "Retrofitting the Lift Kit - In Words and Pictures" is a good example of the kind of stuff that is of interest to a lot of people.

Let me know if you would like to do this. If you would like some help putting it together, let me know - I am a pretty good editor.

Bill
Thanks Bill---I'll get to work on it (while I can still remember what I did) and get back to you. I've been PM'ing my phone number to everybody that seems interested.

wayne

2006 2619, with REAL Flush Toilet (Sealand), NEVER ANY HOOKUPS!!!
Five-inch lift, Goodyear Marathon 15" Made in USA!
2005 Ford Explorer V8 -- WDH w/active sway
1973 Moto Guzzi V-twin
thewayneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #44
thewayneo

Location: Evergreen, Colorado. Halfway between Heaven and Paradise at 8,100 ft altitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyver210 View Post
Wayne did you end up getting water from under Kitchen sink as we talked about?

Also did you do anything to fill in old unused hole?
Hi Billy--sorry I've been slow in replying. I felt like I should hurry up and complete this toilet install, so other projects fell behind. Yes, I did tee off for flush water from under the kitchen sink. I tried under the bathroom sink but it was just too tight to get in there. Pic 1 shows the sharkbite Tee that was defective. When those fittings work, they're great. Pic 2 shows the vent hose going thru the vanity and out the floor. It actually is hidden better in the vanity, I pulled it out for the pic. This was the method suggested by the factory, and was a perfect fit ON MY MODEL TM. It exits the floor right beside the inside of the mud flap and is secured with a wire tie to the frame. Also in pic 2, you might be able to see water in the bowl, this is the amount that automatically stays there after a flush. None of my other RV toilets did that, I like it! You can also see the PEX flush water line just behind and below the vent line behind the toilet.

I haven't done this yet, but I plan to fill in the wallowed out drain pipe hole with minimal expanding spray foam.

I still have the old 12-volt line that I haven't figured out a use for (other than just capping it off). Maybe a heated toilet seat?

wayne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sea6.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	437.6 KB
ID:	7488   Click image for larger version

Name:	sea7.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	449.9 KB
ID:	7489  

1973 Moto Guzzi V-twin
Old 06-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #45
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Maybe a heated toilet seat?
Or a TV? Sony Playstation?
Old 06-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #46
thewayneo

Default Raising the Sealand tank to avoid obstacles

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkennel View Post
I have a 2720SL and I"m ordering the toilet. Looks like I will cut into the wheel well slightly or raise the toilet about an inch or two to clear the well. It's going to fit one way or another. It also looks like the hole may have to move forward maybe an inch and a half. Wish me luck, Robert
After I read your post, I took some measurements, BUT THEY MIGHT ONLY APPLY TO MY MODEL TM. From floor to toilet seat is 19-1/2". I"m 6'1" and that is perfect leg height for me when sitting. Shorter folks might need high heels if the seat gets much higher? Then I measured from the toilet lid to the bottom of the rubber bumper that the shower wall rests on when folded down. It appears there is 4" that the toilet tank could be raised, and still be able to fold the walls down without hitting the toilet lid. Hope this helps--I'm trying to keep up!

wayne

1973 Moto Guzzi V-twin
Old 06-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #47
robertkennel

After I ordered the toilet on Monday, I read the post about 2720's having different dimensions around the toilet area. I panicked and pulled the trailer out of the garage to check the fit. I may cut the molding around the tub and backing for the exhaust fan or just raise the toilet very little. Cutting into the wheel well slightly may be an option and I will use sheet metal to adjust the arc of the wheel well a little tighter so if a tire blows it won't become a major problem as Bill mentioned if an arc isn't restored in the cutting process. Raising the toilet may be the best option. Every one in our house is tall or going to be so I won't worry about hanging feet. It is real close on the fit, so until I get the toilet in the next couple of days I can't really tell how things will work out.

I will keep everyone informed once I get the tank mounted. Wayne, I will be calling you about the water line fittings. There's going to be a run on toilets at Scamp! Robert
Old 06-22-2012, 06:45 AM   #48
brulaz

Quote:
... Pic 2 shows the vent hose going thru the vanity and out the floor. It actually is hidden better in the vanity, I pulled it out for the pic. This was the method suggested by the factory, and was a perfect fit ON MY MODEL TM. It exits the floor right beside the inside of the mud flap and is secured with a wire tie to the frame....
I've always thought that the reason the folding Trailmanors didn't have regular RV toilets and black tanks was because the tank vent had to go through the roof. But if you can run the vent out the floor, there shouldn't be any reason for them not to offer a regular RV toilet and black tank. AFAIK.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #49
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
I've always thought that the reason the folding Trailmanors didn't have regular RV toilets and black tanks was because the tank vent had to go through the roof. But if you can run the vent out the floor, there shouldn't be any reason for them not to offer a regular RV toilet and black tank. AFAIK.
The roof venting is an RVIA requirement. TM has tried many designs for approval, but none were accepted. TM wants to keep the RVIA listing so a single piece, solid roof vent would be a must. Once you buy the trailer you are free to do what you wish.
2016 KZ Spree Connect C250BHS
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #50
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

This brings up a good point.

Wayne -- did you talk with Sealand at all about venting through the floor, or did you do that on your own?

Dave