TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-04-2020, 08:04 PM   #11
l&cnewell

From my understanding and from what I've read, blind jacknuts are designed to go into soft brittle or not very thick material. From what I understand, TM walls are 1" thick as are the ceilings. When you drill a hole wide enough to push the blind Jack nut in, it has a lip on the outside that prevents it from going all the way in like a collar. Then you insert the tool in the hole and squeeze. It compresses the sleeve inside up against the inside of the material, making a sturdy hole for your screw.

I honestly don't mind buying the tool if it makes it easier to install. I watched a few YouTube videos and one guy used it without the tool and it looked far too cumbersome for me. And if I can find a cabinet for above the stove I will definitely need to use it for the cabinet hooks.

I guess I'm just mostly concerned about the size of the Jack nut. I don't want it to be too long when I initially stick it in the hole before compressing it with the tool. I'm assuming the .91" of the Jack nut name indicates the length of the nut. And if the walls are 1" thick, then the .91" should fit?

I hope this all makes sense. I'm learning here as I go. You have all been so helpful and I really truly do appreciate it!

Cheers,
Cindy
2003 TM 3124KB
l&cnewell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchors, hardware, jack nuts, mounting