TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-12-2008, 09:27 AM   #1
my toys

Smile Pocket stop retrofit

This is my first post on this site. I am also on the pop up times website. I have a 2006 Fleetwood Santa Fe. I recently purchased a 2000 2720sl. I read happy trails very informative post on adjusting the pocket stops. Mine still has the shims. I was wondering if anyone has had their T.M. retrofitted for easier ajustment? If so, what was the cost?
Old 12-12-2008, 11:54 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Let me be sure I understand. You want to adjust the pocket stops, presumably to change the final position of the open shells? I'm not sure I've seen a TM that needed adjustment, but I do recall that it was discussed here on the board at one time. The SEARCH tool might find it for you, if you haven't found it already.

Changing the pocket stops won't change the ease with which the shells open or close. But it will keep the shells from opening too far, if that is a problem in your unit. Happy Trails had to change out his pocket stops because the walls in his unit had rotted inside and come all apart. I don't think he was looking to tweak the setting.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:41 PM   #3
Wavery
TrailManor Master

my toys

WELCOME to the forum. It's a great place to learn about your nu-2-U TM.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:23 PM   #4
my toys

Default pocket stops

Thanks wavery. Sorry it took me so long to respond. I didn't know I could post yet. I read a post from happy trails about adding shims to his pocket stops. He mentioned at the end that he was thinking about a retrofit for easier adjustment. My front shell opens too far. My hubby has to push it back toward the rear so I can put the metal bars on the pins to hold it in place. I will have to add shims to adjust it. I was wondering if it could be retrofitted and if so, how much.