TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2004, 07:20 PM   #1
chvaka

Default LP Gas Detector

Help. My LP gas detector is beeping saying it has low voltage. When I went to my instruction booklet, it says to replace the battery. This does not have a battery. It is hardwired. What is causing this and how to I make it stop. It does have a reset button, but I think it is damaged, it is basically inside the detector where I can't get to it. It looks like somebody pushed it in too hard and now it could be broken. My TM is a 97' 3023 that I bought last year.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 06-01-2004, 10:56 PM   #2
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Default Re:LP Gas Detector

This may be to simplistic an answer, but your LP gas detector does run on a battery... your TM battery. If the battery is not charged, i.e. you have the shore power disconnected at home, the battery can run low and the LP detector starts beeping. Plug in your shore power to see if it stops beeping.

If you already have the shore power plugged in, ignore this answer. :
Old 06-01-2004, 11:32 PM   #3
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We also have a 97 TM, and our LP gas detector beeps when the TM battery gets low.

I posted about this a while ago, after we spent the night in our TM in a prolonged power outage using the TV, furnace, etc. and the LP gas detector drove us back into the house at 4 am or so with it's loud beeping.

I have mixed feelings about the LP detector, we lived without one for many years, and it is annoying when it goes off in the middle of the night. However, it is a good indication of the state of your battery, which shouldn't be discharged to that state, if you want to keep it in good condition, as I have learned from the wonderful posts of the members of this board.

The advice on the previous post by Paul echoes what I have experienced.

Paul, do they still have that great burger place up there, Burger Depot? That's about our most favorite burger place in the state, besides Happy Hound in Los Gatos. We have spent weeks up in your neck of the woods and plan to do a few this summer!
8)

Here's the link to the previous post re the lp detector going off: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/yabb...;threadid=1411

B_and_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 03:27 PM   #4
chvaka

My detector started beeping hooked to shore power. I am assuming I may just need a new detector. I was preparing for a trip for memorial day so all was plugged in and the batteries are fully charged. When we got back, I plugged the trailer back in to power as we cleaned up. That is when it started beeping. I had to disconnect one of the wires to get it to stop.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:50 PM   #5
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Quote:
Paul, do they still have that great burger place up there, Burger Depot?
Oh, you bet it is! Steve, and his wife Ann, also own & operate the Knotbumper restaurant across the road from Holiday Market. We ate dinner there last night. I find as we travel, and order burgers on the road, we always compare them to Burger Depot. We've only found 1 place that comes close, back in Wisconsin 2 years ago... close, but not as good. If you get up this way this summer, look us up in the phone book. We'll enjoy a burger together.

Where is Happy Hound located in Los Gatos? I thought we ate at just about every restaurant in LG during the 13 years we lived in San Jose? ;D

I guess we've led this thread off the original track, and for that I apologize to all readers.