TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
dkandme

Default 2720SL or 3124KS?

Will be purchasing TrailManor as year-round travel home to be towed by Nissan Pathfinder, but are undecided whether the 2720SL would prove adequate for late 50's couple under year-round use. Perhaps the 3124KS would prove more accommodating. Would appreciate any opinions, one way, or the other, regarding either model in any respect. Post reply, or email to [email protected].
Old 02-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #2
viking

You will get many opinions on this because a lot depends on your personality, how and where you intend to use the TM and also your tow vehicle capabilities. Here is my two cents:

If you are not a packrat. If you are going into areas that are hilly or mountainous with your Pathfinder if you like getting into smaller campsites that a larger camper can't get into then go with the 2720SL. Also the 2720SL can fit into most garages better than a 3124KS if that is important to you.

If you like carrying more stuff, like a kingsize bed, stay in campsites that can accomodate a 29 foot camper and will be mostly towing in flat areas with the Pathfinder then go with the 3124KS.

If you are still on the fence then go with the 2720SL with the idea if it is too small for you, you can sell it. The 2720SL cost less than a comparable 3124KS. The used demand for the 2720SL might be a little bit bigger than the 3124KS that usually demands a larger tow vehical.

I'm a packrat, like extra room, and live in the flat lands of Florida so I went with a used 3326.

Whatever you get you will enjoy it. Good Luck!
Old 02-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
P and B

We went with the 3124 KS because of the King Sized bed and the fact that it wasn't that much heavier than the 2720 when it comes down to it. I go slow up mountains and my driveway!

Phil
Old 02-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #4
bfezel

We had the same decision to make and went with the 3124KS. The primary reason is the king size bed.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:51 AM   #5
lnussbau

While the king size bed is a factor, DW and I would find our 2720SL a bit small if we were staying in it more than three or four days at a time, so I'd suspect the larger unit would be a better choice, especially for those days when you'll spend a lot more than sleep time and meals in the TM. The few feet of extra room should make quite a bit of difference. But watch the weight -- it has to be a factor also.

For your described usage, I'd go with the 3326, but then my F-150 will handle the towing load. The 3124 would be second best, especially the 3124KS, as the couch slideout gives some additional interior space (unless you need to sleep a few extra people).
Old 02-12-2008, 11:10 AM   #6
NYJeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnussbau View Post
While the king size bed is a factor, DW and I would find our 2720SL a bit small if we were staying in it more than three or four days at a time, so I'd suspect the larger unit would be a better choice, especially for those days when you'll spend a lot more than sleep time and meals in the TM. The few feet of extra room should make quite a bit of difference. But watch the weight -- it has to be a factor also.
Larry - do you know how "long" the sofa is in the bed configuration? Is it comfy to sleep on? Thanks.

Jeff
Old 02-23-2008, 11:10 AM   #7
lnussbau

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJeff View Post
Larry - do you know how "long" the sofa is in the bed configuration? Is it comfy to sleep on? Thanks.

Jeff
With a piece of foam on it in the "bed" configuration, it may be OK for a short person. I'm 5' 10" and it's too short for me to stretch out (DW does OK), but might be OK for one night. It's pretty much the full width of the TM's slideout interior, but armrests come out of that. The biggest problem is that it's not completely flat, but a piece of foam can take care of that.

I'd certainly not count on it for constant use, but for an occasional night for someone under 6 feet it'll probably be OK. Other's may have different opinions, but that's my take. So far we've not had a specific need for it as a bed, but the SL configuration for the two of us outweighs any drawbacks, with the extra space available for the living area.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #8
NYJeff

Thanks for the feedback!

Jeff
Old 02-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #9
Pat Stafford

Red face 2720SL or 3124KS?

We love our 3124KS and are both over 50. Not pack rats though and no matter which TM you get, there just isn't that much storage room.

If it helps, we lived in ours for over a year and did very well without all the junk.