TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2007, 09:33 AM   #1
Jerry23

Default Another newbie about ready to get started !

Well, the kids are are grown, (finally) and I am almost ready to retire (finally) the wife and I are still in good heath, we have had an idea for while to get a pop up but the idea of a trail manor seems to be right up our alley. W e have two tow vehicles, a '99 tahoe 5.0 V-8 with tow package that really loves gas. We would really like to use our second vehicle, an '03 Chevrolet S-10 v-6 extended cab with tow package. Would the S-10 be adequate to pull a trail manor ? We are going to be in the mountains a lot. Also we live in East central Florida and are looking for a '99-2003 trail manor in good condition at a reasonable price Thanks and have a great day !

Jerry in Fla
Old 08-23-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Hi Jerry,

There are lots of threads about the towing ability and or lack thereof...

Here is the most recent: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=6272

But just go to Search and type "S-10" (without the quotes) and you will find some more relevant to your needs.

Here is one...

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...highlight=S-10

Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:26 PM   #3
beth14kk9

Jerry, look in the For Sale section on the forum. I think there are a couple of reasonable priced units down your way that were listed a couple of weeks ago. Maybe they are still available.

Beth in Pensacola
Old 08-23-2007, 05:12 PM   #4
Freedom

We have a GMC Jimmy with - I think - the same engine (4.3L) auto trans (3 speed + overdrive) and the towing package. We tow a 2619 and have towed a lot of miles including the Colorado Rockies. We average right at 15 mpg when towing. Your S-10 has a longer wheelbase which is good. I would be comfortable towing one of the 2720 models, but I don't think I'd go a lot bigger than that, maybe a 3023 but I'd have to think long and hard to convince myself that it would be OK. I don't know why TM jumped three feet in there 2720 to 3023 is a big jump. I would not get a 2619 if I had it to do over again - I'd get a 2720 (NOT SD or SL) but then that's personal preference- I'd rather have the Queen bed in the back.