TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2006, 07:31 PM   #1
Dave Stein

Default Screen rooms

I am thinking of purchasing my first camping trailer and really like the trailmanor 3124KB. The question I have is can you get a screen room that attaches to the TM? Or has anyone made one that would be willing to share the idea? We really like to eat outdoors while camping but don't like to share with the bugs. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dave
Old 06-01-2006, 08:41 PM   #2
Magdefrau

I have seen those ads for the screen three side thingers myself. I wonder if it would work. I think if I got bited up by bugs down south once, I would get one, if it fit up close to the TM's top and sides. I myself wonderif it would.
I do have a screened dining fly like the TexasCamper tells about. And it wasn't $100 and it's maded by Coleman. It works well.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:54 PM   #3
EMPTYNESTERS

We priced the one made for the Fiamma awning at about $400. We bought a freestanding one on sale at Target for $75. Actually, we have been out only 2 times with our new TM and we couldn't use the awning either time because of the sites we were on and the wind! So if we had the one that attached to the awning we wouldn't have been able to use it! I figure we can buy 4 freestanding ones for the price of the Fiamma one...and as Leon says...you can put it anywhere!
Old 06-02-2006, 07:14 AM   #4
Factor

We purchased a Fiamma room and was not satisified with the way it fit. After consulting the company, I found out that I extended the awning too far. anyway, I sent it back. Big deal to sent it back from Canada to Florida - had paperwork ans waited a few months to get my taxes back from the gov't.
Have an Add-A-Room now on our Hi-Lo.
John
Formerly 3023 TM
Old 06-02-2006, 07:22 AM   #5
Queeniereads

We had a screen room on anther camper (not a TM). We still had misquitoes, but not nearly so bad. What I did not like was that the ground under it (right outside our door) got soggy and stayed soggy if we were on damp soil or if it rained. We got the camper dirtier than we would ahve with dry ground and no screen house. Had we had a moveable screen house, we would have moved it to dry ground. Queeniereads aka Judi
Old 06-02-2006, 07:21 PM   #6
Dave Stein

Well you all answered that pretty good. I think I will take your advice and just pick up a moveable one at my local store. Thanks for all the help. You are a good bunch of folks.

Dave