TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2006, 06:32 PM   #1
Jirell

Default Your opinion

Hi, this is my 1st time on the forum. Got a question. I am looking at a new 05 2619 for 14,995. But, here's the deal. It does not have a shower or toilet, a range, or fit for porpane. I can always put in a portable range so that's not a huge issue. Most places we stay have nice bathroom facilities. That being the case, do you think this is a good deal?
Old 04-30-2006, 07:49 PM   #2
sir1doc

This may sound funny but here's my opinion. After having camped my whole childhood in an old TT with just a portapoti and icebox, then growing up and getting a PU with stove and icebox, now I have a TM with everything and love it. I too stay where the facilities are nice but my thought is this... Like my grandma said in life, always take a coat, hat, and umbrella everywhere you go. odds are you'll never need them, but you can't stay warm and dry without them. Some of the things like a shower, a/c, and furnace you may seldom need, but when you do, you'll be glad you had them. They would also help with the resale of your TM later. We got invited to camp with some friends at a primitive site for a long weekend of horseback riding. There are only port-a-johns and no shower houses. so in my case, I will be glad to use my added emenities. good luck with your choice and I hope this helps
Old 04-30-2006, 08:07 PM   #3
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

I'm guessing $15K is close to full retail for a 2619 Sport (or whatever they call it). You should find a left-over regular 2619 for not much more than that. An advantage of a "no-appliance" TM is that it should be several hundred pounds lighter than a regular, "fully-stocked" trailer and you could pull it with a smaller TV -- if that matters to you.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:01 PM   #4
tucsoncarol
Site Sponsor

Default Isn't that a tent?

OK, no toilet, no stove or oven, is there a 'fridge? Either way, that makes it $15,000.00 for a bed with a roof. That sort of sounds like a tent to me. When we began to look for a trailer we told all our scoffing "tent camping" buddies that we were looking to pull a comfortable bed, a stove, a toilet and a real sink. We got way more than that in our TM, and those friends are all jealous. What are you really looking for in a trailer? What can you live without and, more importantly, what are you willing to spend that kind of money to have. Yours is not a deal I could live with, maybe you can. Know what you want, not just what you think is a good deal. We spent more than we budgeted for with our TM but have enjoyed every moment spent in it and will own it for years to come. Think in terms of enjoyment, not deals made.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:58 PM   #5
ZuesFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirell
Hi, this is my 1st time on the forum. Got a question. I am looking at a new 05 2619 for 14,995. But, here's the deal. It does not have a shower or toilet, a range, or fit for porpane. I can always put in a portable range so that's not a huge issue. Most places we stay have nice bathroom facilities. That being the case, do you think this is a good deal?
Hi. My name is Mike Witham. I work for White Mountain RV in Ossipee NH. The reason there is bathroom and no stove is because its a 2619 sport. Now for around $3000 more you can get the 2619 model with all the bells and whistles.

note: edited for clarity....5-19-2006