TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2007, 05:54 PM   #1
rjohn60

Default Another New Owner

Just picked up a 1998 3124K from my brother, who didn't have the time to camp anymore. He lives in NC and I live in Kansas, so used info from this forum to prepare before going to pick it up. I told him to put new tires on it, because I knew he hadn't put any on since the unit was new. Bought a Prodigy brake controller and a Doran tire pressure monitor; had a transmission cooler installed on my tow vehicle (1996 Chevy Express hitop w/5.7 liter engine). Also, got a new-in-box 10,000 lb wdh off Ebay for $100 less than retail. All of this as a result of reading on this forum. Drove to NC last week, hooked up, towed the camper to Kansas with no problems other than a near panic stop on the Interstate when traffic suddenly stopped in front of us at night (thank God for the Prodigy brake controller!). Had to drive straight back, so didn't have time to stop and use the camper, but going to use it soon! Thanks to all who have posted information here; you really made our trip to get the camper easy and safe.

R. Johnson
Manhattan, KS
1998 3124K
1996 Chevy Express 5.7 liter, Prodigy BC, 10,000 lb wdh, Doran TPM
Old 07-22-2007, 08:05 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Congratulations on your "new" TM! I hope you will enjoy yours as much as we do ours.

D