TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2005, 10:38 AM   #1
Elaina and George

Default Leaving TM up vs folded down

I was wondering how many of you guys actually leave your TM expanded up when you are storing it. We always had our tt plugged into electric and the slide out extended at home. We do have a long driveway. Guess I'm trying to find out if anyone has had problems with rain leaking in or sneakly little spiders trying to make it their residence etc.

Thanks Elaina
Old 08-15-2005, 11:24 AM   #2
TandemKids

Default Re: Leaving TM up vs folded down

Elaina,

I don't know if we are typical or not, but my wife and I usually set our TM up after returning home from a camping trip. We do this so that we are able to wash and return the linens to the trailer and to vacuum, clean and re-charge the toilet, etc.

We always like to close the TM down after the cleaning process to keep the sun from destroying the upholstery. However, occasionally we get lazy and don't close it down between trips. Storing in the closed position is our preferred method when laziness doesn't win out.

Michael
Old 08-15-2005, 01:04 PM   #3
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Ours is left up all the time, except when in transit. We leave the vents cracked a bit and have a reflective window cover on the side with the window that faces the sun. We sometimes get bugs (mostly ants) in there, but with it open, I can see the bugs and deal with them. We seem to bring home more spiders than we leave with.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:39 PM   #4
PopBeavers

I keep mine closed because I keep it in the garage. From the time I open the garage door until I drive off is under an hour. Trying to get that down to 30 minutes.

I usually pull it out Wednesday evening long enough to pop it open, add a few items and fill the water. Then back into the garage until Friday. When I return home Sunday I open the garage door with the remote and back in immediately. Perishable items and clothing stays in the truck. Also level, ramps and chocks. Everything else is in the TM.

When leaving town, every half hour delay in my start time results in a one hour delay in arriving at my destination, due to traffic.

To store it open would cost 100 bucks per month and require a one hour round trip to go get it.