TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
jasongold

Smile To wax, or not to wax - is that a question?

I was wondering if anybody out there applies a coat of wax to their TMs once in a while, and if they do, does it help? Is it necessary?

Just wondering.

Jason
Old 04-06-2009, 07:07 AM   #2
DenandSue

Smile

Yes, every spring I put a coat of wax on the TM. It definitely helps not only with the looks, but mud and dirt don't stick as bad. I've tried many products including ones designed for campers, but found the best ever product is TurtleWax Ultra Gloss liquid car wax.

It goes on easy, cuts the black marks and wipes off very easy. You can put it on all the rubber parts, even the black ones and it will not leave white residue behind.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
Queeniereads

We do not wax owing to lack of time, probably, and have not had a problem keeping it clean and nice looking. However, we will be traveling with our TM from RI to MO in June and will see what it looks like at the end of the trip. Queen
Old 04-06-2009, 02:08 PM   #4
PopBeavers

For the first 4 years I did not wax it, washed it only.

Last fall, when we put it away for the winter, we used Turtle Wax ICE. It was recommended by someone at a TM rally.

I pulled the TM out of the garage last weekend. The surface is very slippery. Until I wash it I won't really know more than that.

We did find that Mr. Clean Magic Erasers worked pretty well on black streaks and bug splatters and other things that soap and water did not remove during washing.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
Tuscany Bandit

Jason

I use Scrubbing Bubbles and a damp cloth to hand wash the trailer. Then I apply ProtectAll. It is a liquid and is easy to apply and then wipe off with dry cloth and leaves a nice shine and feels slippery when touched. All black streaks come off easily when Scrubbing Bubbles is applied. The trailer looks brand new when finished.

Hope this helps.

Jerry
Old 04-09-2009, 11:17 PM   #6
jasongold

Default I waxed

Since we're planning a two-month road trip this summer, decided to wax. I tried Turtle wax - the liquid kind that has an aqua color to it, and it was easy to apply and buff out. I hope that this makes it easier to maintain the TM when on the road - especially with all of the insects I expect to have to wash off the front.

Thanks for the tips,

Jason
Old 04-10-2009, 06:16 AM   #7
Rich_in_Tampa

No wax, no problems. A little soft-scrub for tough areas, and a good rinse once in a while.