TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-10-2001, 03:03 PM   #1

Default Oh, what a difference!

I began writing this message after I returned from a camping trip Thanksgiving week; was just too busy with work to finish until now…

After my first trip in the TM in September, I was very discouraged; the TM would NOT close properly, the propane detector beeped which I finally figured out was because the battery was dying, the door pin wouldn't stay in the clip, etc.... With all the problems, I was afraid that the folks who thought the TM was a piece of junk were right and that all of you were wrong....

I should have had more faith. I went on my second trip with the TM last week.  Oh, what a difference!!!    Everything worked well. And, it is all thanks to the folks at Custom RV, the local TM dealer, in Anaheim, CA. I don’t want to sound like an advertisement, but they made such a difference in my successful use of the TM, I can't thank them enough!!!

They figured out the reason the TM wouldn't close: the covers on the two electric outlets on the outside of the TM (door side) stuck out too far and caused the top to bind when attempting to close. They recessed the outlets and the TM closes like a dream. For those of you who have had trouble closing your TMs, and I think some of you had the earlier 2720SL models, look at those outlets! Since they are recessed now, I can close the TM very easily by myself now. No more struggles!

They replaced the battery, fixed the bracket where the pin for the bottom door clips, etc. Lots of little things that made this used TM operate as it is supposed to. In addition, they answered all my questions about how the TM worked. They also showed me how to easily hitch the TM to my van. I really appreciate how much time they spent going over the TM with me since I didn't buy it from them. Really helpful folks!

With everything working, as it should, my second trip was great! The biggest difference was being able to close the unit by myself; it was a breeze. Now I can hitch, tow, and set up/take down the TM by myself; wow! I’m still going thru the manual and learning about all the appliances. Fun!

I can't wait for my two camping trips later this month!

Collette
1999 2701SL
Towed by 1999 GMC Safari
Old 12-11-2001, 02:30 AM   #2
arknoah

Default Re: Oh, what a difference!

Great news Collette!

We've had those small things that seem to drive you crazy and make you wonder if you made the right decision to buy the trailer.  We have a great dealer, M & M CAmping in Trenton Michigan near Detroit and they've been great in finding an electrical short, replacing the bathroom lighting fixture, and giving us advice by telephone, since they're two hours away.

Here's hoping your subsequent trips continue to be great.

F. J. & Ellen
Old 12-11-2001, 10:58 AM   #3

glad all is well. as a new owner we experienced minor problems, but nothing has diminished our postive feeling(s) for the tm especially when towing and setting up.

bottom line is you are out there camping...yea!
Old 12-11-2001, 11:43 AM   #4
Chris_Bauer

For us, it is "The Greatest Thing On Wheels" and we really mean it.  Nobody can get better gas mileage, save money on a tow vehicle, ease of setup and most of all towing.

Have you ever towed a 30 ft traditional travel trailer?  I've watched my brother-in-law set up his 5th wheel and it takes us less time, I don't care what anyone says.  I really want to move up to a 3326 but I haven't been able to see one.

With all the savings in gas, tow vehicle, water (recirculating toilet with environmentally friendly chemicals) you really help conserve the environment and that is what we are all out to see.