TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
HappyToBee

Default Ceiling Insert Trim Fell Off

The insert trim that runs along the middle of my 2720SL's ceiling fell down today. My hubby and I tried to put it back up, but it just keeps falling. Any suggestions on how and what to use to make it stick? I've only had it two months and I hate to drive over 300 miles to get it fixed by the TM dealer.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you have a hot glue gun or a tube of a good silicone adhesive, either will do the job. After you have put the glue or adhesive on the trim piece then put it in in place and put some masking tape on it until it sets. Hope this helps. Enjoy your new TM.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
ZekenSpider
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyToBee View Post
The insert trim that runs along the middle of my 2720SL's ceiling fell down today. My hubby and I tried to put it back up, but it just keeps falling. Any suggestions on how and what to use to make it stick? I've only had it two months and I hate to drive over 300 miles to get it fixed by the TM dealer.
You are probably still under warranty so I would take some pictures, e-mail them to your dealer and ask him what to do. If he doesn't help, e-mail them to TM directly.

IMHO,

Jerry
ZekenSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #4
HappyToBee

Thanks for the ideas, I think I will use the adhesive as suggested.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
commodor47
Site Sponsor

The center track is difficult to reattach. Part of the problem is with the wiring. I found it much easier if you carefully align the wires side-by-side. Try not to let them cross or you will never get the trim back in place. Work from one side first, attaching the trim to the rail, then roll your fingers across and push up on the trim piece until you hear of feel it snap in place on the opposite side. This is actually a two person job. One to align the wires while supporting the slack and the other to snap the trim in place. It will indeed test your upper arm strength and stamina.

Dick
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:45 AM   #6
MisterP

I would glue it back up only as a last resort. If you need access to wiring later, you will have sealed the wiring run. The wiring cover is supposed to come off.

I agree with the description above to straighten the wiring while installing the cover. It snaps in, press firmly until you feel it click into place.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #7
RejoiceWay
Site Sponsor

Had the same problem - the strip occasionally would pop off. When I was at the TM factory, they simply put a dab of silicone on it (not glue). Should be easy to peel off if we need access.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #8
HappyToBee

We did make sure the wires were flat and started on one edge, the problem was in some areas it would not snap. Since I live in South Florida, I'm wondering if the heat has created part of the problem. I like the idea of using just a dab of silicone.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #9
ZekenSpider
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyToBee View Post
We did make sure the wires were flat and started on one edge, the problem was in some areas it would not snap. Since I live in South Florida, I'm wondering if the heat has created part of the problem. I like the idea of using just a dab of silicone.
I do not think it is Florida heat. We are at 110 to 115 here all summer and have not had the channel detach or get loose. The idea of using a silicone lubricant sounds good. If the channel does not "snap" it probably means it has not been pressed up far enough to catch the latch.

FWIW,

Jerry
ZekenSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #10
MisterP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekenSpider View Post
I do not think it is Florida heat. We are at 110 to 115 here all summer and have not had the channel detach or get loose. The idea of using a silicone lubricant sounds good. If the channel does not "snap" it probably means it has not been pressed up far enough to catch the latch.

FWIW,

Jerry
I believe the recommendation is for silicone-based adhesive to hold the channel in place, not lubricant.