TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2002, 08:32 AM   #1
cardsfan39

Default Discussion of old and new tips

I an continually looking for ways to make our TM-3023 more liveable. Old tips that I have used are sliding drawers for the lower cabinets and installing the wall cabinet. Both of these have really improved the effeciency of the galley.

The blue upholstered chair is comfortable, but I found it too low to eat comfortably at the dinette. I got one of our plastic patio chairs to put behind the table. It is just the right height for eating and only weighs a pound or two. I moved the blue chair next to the door. I did have to trim the top down some so it would fit beneath the sliding bed.

Clara does the cooking so I'm the designated dishwasher. Since we only have a single sink, I had to put a plastic dishpan in the sink with sudsy water, filled the rest of the sink with rinse water and placed the dish drainer on the cabinet above the refrigerator. Since the sink cabinet is low, it always gave me a backache to wash the dishes. I found a plastic cutting board that fits over half the sink. I set the dish drainer on that, fill the sink with rinse water and set the dishpan on the fridge cabinet and solved my back problems.

I have posted photos of these tips on the photos section.
Old 04-10-2002, 03:27 AM   #2
arknoah

Default Re: Discussion of old and new tips

Hi,

I took a look at your pictures, and was struck by something.  In my unit, there is a window right over the sink.  Is that the case with yours as well? I ask because your cabinet is hanging there instead.  I always thought the cabinet attached to the wall of the bathroom....
Old 04-10-2002, 05:30 AM   #3
RickNewcomb
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Discussion of old and new tips

Cardsfan39,

Great pictures and tips.

F.J. and Ellen,

I'm guessing on the smaller units there is no window over the sink. In my TM2619 I don't have one. The dealer is currently installing a cabinet over the sink for me.
RickNewcomb is offline   Reply With Quote