TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #21
robodo

Default this is something !

We just bought our TM 2720sd and I would have loved it even more if it had come with sliders like these. I'm now going to have to put this on my to do list. ( showed the DW and it is now on the honey do list).
Old 05-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #22
PopBeavers

Two years ago I built three drawers for my 2005 TM 2720.

The upper space of the rear cabinet next to the drawers can handle two drawers with each one tall enough for a standard sized food can. That can not be done in the lower section, so I just have one drawer in the bottom with tall sides. This is where we keep taller items like olive oil, vinegar, etc.

Several years ago someone posted plans with dimensions for drawers in nearly all of the open spaces. I just took my own measurements.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:51 PM   #23
terryh

Default Storage

Nice job. This is very similar to what I had in mind for storage drawers under the couch in our 2720SL. We took a much simpler approach for the kitchen cabinets. I measured the space then went to an office supply big box store and bought plastic tubs of the appropriate sizes. We place our items (food, appliances, whatever) in the tubs then slide into the cabinets. The tubs slide out easily to reach items, and as a bonus at the end of the season we just carry the tubs and contents into the house for winter storage (no sense in feeding the mice).
Old 05-27-2011, 11:07 AM   #24
Mccooleys

Default Slide Out Drawers

Bill, you are the man! I finished up the slide out drawer mod that you designed. Although my back hasn't quite recovered yet! They were a big hit with the DW and others at the TrailManor Rally that we just attended with the Charter Chapter in Indiana. I used different slides because Lowes didn't stock the ones that you recommended. The DW wanted me to use 1 X 4's for the sides instead of 1 X 6's. We will be staining them oak in the near future. Thank you for all that you do. It is such a joy to belong to this forum.
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #25
Pitbull

Just added these Elf slide outs (from The Container Store). They fit the opening and depth exactly (17"X17"). The bottom slide had to be shimmed up a 1.5" to clear the lip opening and the top slide was shimmed 1/2".

Koz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5903.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	5939  
Old 05-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #26
RogerR

could you show some pics from other angles
thanks, Roger
Old 05-28-2011, 09:23 PM   #27
Pitbull

I used wood spacers under the mounting rails.

Koz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5905.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	5941  
Old 08-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #28
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

I know that this thread hasn't been used in awhile, but was wondering for those that installed rolling shelves, did people use the full extension or just the regular slides? I'm looking at purchasing from shelvesthatslide.com, or see if they have the right sizes on their ebay store.
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #29
trisht

Hi -- I bought all of our drawers on eBay and I'm almost positive they were the standard regular slides. I installed them about 3 yrs ago and they're still working well.

Good luck!
Trish
Old 08-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #30
PopBeavers

I built 3 drawers. All three slide out so that a can in the back of the drawer can be lifted straight up and not hit anything.

Not counting time to paint them it probably took me about 4 hours. I do not to nothing with wood working, but I do have a small table saw.