TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
MrTriVan

Default Washington State Dealers?

Hello everyone. I've been following this forum for a while but this is my first post. My wife and I were going to seriously start looking into buying a TrailManor this year, but it appears that the one and only dealer in Western Washington -Auburn RV, is out of business. At least I assume they are since their website is no more, and according to the TrailManor Dealer finder, my nearest dealer is now in Oregon. Can anyone confirm that Auburn RV is out of business?

Not sure what to do now. Driving 4 hours to Portland to check out or buy a trailer is no big deal, but I'd hate to have to drag the trailer there whenever it needed service. Does anyone have an inside scoop on if there might be another RV dealer in Western WA that might start selling TrailManors now?

Thanks!
Don
MrTriVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:40 PM   #2
cjm368

I can't help you much with another dealer, but Polsburho (sp) RV has a 2001 TM 27... they were asking 9999.00. I just bought one in tacoma a 3124 for 5600...
Old 02-01-2009, 09:45 AM   #3
ksborn

Default 3124 KS Available

Yes, Auburn RV has closed. We have a 2004 3124KS we are selling if that would fit your needs. We are located in NE Tacoma. As far as service I think Camping World would be a place to start. If you are interested in our Trailmanor, email me at [email protected]

John
Old 02-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Don -

Don't lose track of the fact that there are two kinds of service, because there are two groups of components that make up a Trail Manor.

The first group is the stuff that is actually manufactured by TM. That would include the torsion bars, some interior body parts, and the body panels (roof, walls, and floor). If you ever need service on these components, it should probably be done by a TM dealer. On the other hand, these are rugged, and hardly ever need service.

The second group is almost everything else. All of the appliances, including the furnace, refrig, stove, oven, water pump, antenna, CO detector, converter - you name it - plus the axle and suspension, the battery, the tires, and even the windows are made by third-party suppliers and carry their own warranty. These things can be serviced by any competent RV repair place. No need to go back to the dealer.

Think of your car. If you need new tires or an oil change, you could go to the dealer, but you probably don't. And if the dealer is 400 miles away, I certainly wouldn't.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #5
larsdennert

I agree. The number of TM specific parts that need service are small. Though it's nice to have someone that really knows them inside and out like a TM dealer, most independent shops will do pretty well.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
MrTriVan

Thanks for the replies; I feel better about warranty/service issues now. I emailed TrailManor and asked them about WA dealers, but all they did was forward my email address to the nearest dealer in Oregon. I guess that's where we'll have to go...
MrTriVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #7
DaveRobson

You can also try Custom RV in Anaheim. They were willing to sell us the one we picked up at Auburn RV at a competitive price, and that included delivery to our door. I thought buying locally would get us better service for warranty and so forth, but that was definitely not the case with Auburn RV.

Dave