TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2008, 12:05 AM   #11
larsdennert

The GCVW of your '02 4Runner is about 9100lb. You will need either a Weight Distribution Hitch or air bags because the 4Runner has soft coils springs.

If you find you are warping brakes regularly, you can upgrade to the Tundra setup for some serious fade resistance if you already have the 13" rotors or 16" wheels.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #12
willywynn

I have a chance to purchase a 2002 TM 2720SL. I own a 2007 Murano with a tow package and a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan w/o a tow pacage. would I be able to pull the TM with these vehicles?

Thanks
Old 01-06-2009, 06:41 PM   #13
larsdennert

Yes however my personal experience with the Caravan transaxle and mounts would dissuade me from towing with it. If you have an extended drivetrain warranty, go for it as the tranny repairs could be covered. Maybe someone who's had better luck with one could chime in. I'm definately not the last word. They are great travel vehicles because they have so much room inside and the Murano is so much tighter.

I haven't owned a Murano but other Nissans I've had were very well built. We used to tow a 16' boat with a Maxima wagon. My business partner also had a Murano but never happened to have towed his boat with it so I can't comment. I think his boat was 20' and 4000lb which would have been a bit much for the Murano.