TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #1
Claude Shook

Default Turbodiesel Jeep TV

WifenI just returned from our first trip pulling the TM with our Turbodiesel Jeep Liberty. When we travelled to Alabama to pick up our new used 04 3023 we took our Ford F150 to pull it with, not being sure if the Jeep would be up to the task. We didn't want to find ourselves 2000 miles from home with not enough tow vehicle. Last week we towed the TM from our home near Spokane, WA to Port Townsend which is north of Seattle on the Kitsap peninsula. I am pleased to report that the little Jeep worked out very well. It has plenty of power, it handled the mountain pass very well. Some might say that the wheel base is a little short but we didn't have any handling problems. Fuel mileage worked out to be 19 MPG. All in all we were very pleased with the whole package.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #2
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude Shook View Post
Fuel mileage worked out to be 19 MPG. All in all we were very pleased with the whole package.
Glad towing with the Jeep worked out well I'm sure you appreciate the 19 MPG (versus whatever the F 150 gets), in this era of $4/gal gasoline!
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #3
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

That is fabulous, but since these days diesel seems to be about 25% more than regular unleaded, fuel economy is actually 25% less in terms of dollars. But that may change, and diesel may once again be cheaper than unleaded.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:24 AM   #4
allenj

We have enjoyed our Jeep, which we purchased specifically as a tow vehicle for our Trailmanor and rarely use for anything else. We routinely get 21 mpg while towing.
So far the diesel cost difference hasn't overcome the mpg advantage, but it's a lot closer than it used to be.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:46 PM   #5
RogerR

My 2006 jeep CRD has about 7000 miles towing my 2720sl. I get 19 mpg on flat ground and a little less in the hills. The surprising thing is that my brakes were completely worn out in back at 35000. Possibly my wdh was not tight enough.
My question is has anyone had any problems with their CRD towing that I can avoid. I hope to do a 5,000 mile cross country to Oregon and Washington.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:29 PM   #6
freein05

Diesel is now .20 cents a gallon cheaper than regular gas in our part of California. You need to make sure your brake controller is adjusted properly. You may not by using your TM brakes enough. I don't think the adjustment of your WDH is the cause of the brake issue.