TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2009, 03:56 PM   #21
P and B

Bob- get the efficiency thing but we rarely use the propane heater. We do what MariaG does and carry a small electric heater to take the chill off. I think I've used the propane heater three or four times and only to get it warm quickly. Don't care about the sleeping compartment because we like it cold back there.

MariaG- Backup cameras are available to help you see behind you. Most of the wireless versions have such a limited range they are useless beyond 10 to 15 feet. My idea version would be to integrate a wide angle camera up high on the back shell looking back and run the camera (wired) to a small transmitter at the front of the TM. Then TrailManor would sell you a receiver/monitor for your dashboard. When you backed up, you would be able to see directly behind you. I'm personally interested since I have a steep windy driveway. BTW, I did see the curtain retrofit. I'm going to keep the existing track system but just put a snap in where they've driven screws through the curtain.

Our couch is like a board too ;-)

Everything about the TM beats a tent and in case someone from TM reads this, they should know that these aren't complaints- just ideas.

Phil
Old 10-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #22
MariaG

:-) Oh, I know what a back up camera is, I was just joking as I don't have one - I have to do it the old fashioned way, with mirrors and looking over my shoulder. *G*

Snaps to replace the screws are a great idea - sometimes I think TM uses what's easiest and let's face it, cheapest, rather than something that would work better. Driving screws through fabric is a little.....odd.

I doubt I'll ever find a way to make the couch more comfy, as it's already too high for my short legs I can't add padding, and it's basically a plywood box with access covers for holes in the seat to get at the storage, covered with cushions. We'd have to rip the whole thing out and start over and it's not really worth it to me.
See my TrailManor Repair blog at:
http://trailmanorrepair.blogspot.com/
MariaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #23
OneMoBear
TrailManor Master

I put rice in a four freezer bags and then made cloth bags to cover them (just in case - because of da dogs). We toss them in the back corners of the beds. No light, no breeze, hopefully no bugs. At least you don't have to look around to see if anyone is looking. Probably won't be a selling point but it seems to work pretty well.
Thule for our tandem Hobie Kayak :-)
120w Solar Panel - 2.5" lift 15" Marathons
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OneMoBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:36 AM   #24
P and B

I'm probably violating some kind of rule by posting an addition to my own post but I thought of another feature I'd like to see and that's a simple way of storing a tote to the bottom of the TM- kind of like the spare tire holder but for a tote. I think this is especially important for the TM since the gray tank is small and so is the toilet. I kind of feel about totes the way I do about blue tarps- their fine as long as you don't see them.

Phil
Old 10-21-2009, 05:20 PM   #25
jerry snell

A major problem that we have with our 2720 TM is that there are many openings through which mice can enter easily from the exterior to the interior of the trailer. I have tried to fill some of the spaces with steel wool which has helped somewhat.
TrailManor needs to seal the trailers better to exclude the rodents!

2008 2720
2008 Toyota Highlander
Old 10-23-2009, 03:30 PM   #26
PopBeavers

I find it somewhat interesting that so many people seem to have problems with mice.

Perhaps it is only because I live in the city, but I do not have problems with mice in my garage at home. Therefore, I do not have a problem with mice in the TM.

For those of you that live in farm country, I certainly can see that it would be more difficult to kep the mice population under control in a barn.

What I do have is a squirrel problem. But they are real easy to keep out of the garage. They just wreck havoc in the backyard.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:26 AM   #27
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by P and B View Post
I'm probably violating some kind of rule by posting an addition to my own post but I thought of another feature I'd like to see and that's a simple way of storing a tote to the bottom of the TM- kind of like the spare tire holder but for a tote. I think this is especially important for the TM since the gray tank is small and so is the toilet. I kind of feel about totes the way I do about blue tarps- their fine as long as you don't see them.

Phil
We now carry our tote in the spare tire holder and carry the spare tire on the front of the truck. I will post a pic if I can locate it.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:41 AM   #28
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Default Photos of spare tire carrier

The carrier slides into the receiver hitch on the front of our vehicle. I think I bought it on line at eztrailer for about 20.00.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1613.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	4023   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1642.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	4024  

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #29
Harry Womack

Default Blue tank holder

Here a picture of the blue tank mount behind the spare tire rack. It works great!

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=2491
Maxxis load range E tires @ 75 PSI
2013 1500 Suburban Z71 5.3 4X4 w/
Firestone air bags inside of springs.
Not using Trail Manor now. Replaced
with 2020 motorhome
Harry Womack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #30
P and B

I think there's plenty of room for a low profile tote under the TM. I was suggesting that TM come up with a professionally done "system".

There is not doubt that folks on this forum can make pretty much anything work! Love all the suggestions. Stops us all from making big mistakes ;-)

Phil