TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2008, 12:27 PM   #11
markandanne

When we were weighing the various floorplans for our family, we noticed that all of the sofas were only 41 inches wide, so we didn't seriously consider them to be suitable for 2. We also took our kids with us to the RV shows in Denver and folded out the sofa as a bed and had the kids lay on them to see how they worked and whether they were objectionable. I guess in the end our expectations were in line with the product, partly because of the reconnaissance and partly because of some minimal experience renting other types of RV's. We have rented a couple of motor homes and a popup camper before, and even the Flexsteel jack knife sofa in the class-A was always just a sofa-bed; a little bit short with a big gully in the middle where the cushions came together. The dinettes were worse; always short, a nuisance to set up and take down, and never wide enough for 2 without the kids fighting.

Maybe eventually we'll rig up some way of raising the backrest to be level with the bottom cushion, but until the kids get a little older and less flexible we probably won't bother. It shouldn't be hard, just a couple of 1x2 strips or so resting on the angle bracket should do it. Anne pointed out that as our kids get older and want to bring friends that the cushions for the backrest of the loveseat are about the right width to span the gap between the sofa and the loveseat, and this gives a sideways legitimate queen sized bed. So we may figure out a way to support spanning that gap; then we'd have a legit double bed, a queen (that the kids would have to crawl over to get to the bathroom) and the king on our end. I recon that even with some lumpiness of the cushions that the kids will all be happy to be sleeping inside off the ground with AC/Furnace to keep the temperature right.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #12
Scott O

I do forsee a problem IF the grandkids still want to be with us when they outgrow the couch bed. At that point the solution is called "tent"! I suspect everyone will be happy!
Old 05-19-2008, 06:34 PM   #13
kjreed0

Default Short Sofa in 2720 sl

I agree it seemed short. I decided on 2720 sd instead. I had an opportunity to checkout both formats before I sunk my money into one.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:56 PM   #14
Virginia Deacon
TrailManor Master

Default We Love Our TrailManor

It's the buyer's responsibility to look over and evaluate what they are buying, before making the deal. Frankly, our dealer answered every question we had, to our complete satisfaction and - I have been pleased with the "surprises" we found after the sale. We owned other campers before our TrailManor, so we knew what to look for.

As for the front "sofa/bed" and the chair, from our standpoint they serve the functions intended. More substantial/comfortable furniture would weigh much more and cost much more (The cabinets aren't mahogany, but we knew that before we signed on the dotted line.).

We love our TrailManor! See you on the road!
Virginia Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #15
Mountain Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjreed0 View Post
I agree it seemed short. I decided on 2720 sd instead. I had an opportunity to checkout both formats before I sunk my money into one.
I am with KJ on this. On paper, I thought the 2720SL would be perfect for me, but when I went to the dealer and they had a 2720SL and a 2720SD on the lot, I liked the SD better. The booth seating was much more comfortable than the couch and chair, and without the chair, you could add an optional dresser that provided more storage and was suitable to use as a TV stand.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:55 PM   #16
kpierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcamper69 View Post
I subscribe to some very simple rules in life. One of them is that if you make your guest to comfortable they will 1). never leave or 2) keep coming back. I love the sofa in our 2720 SL.
How true....but the dog likes it!

Kevin
Old 08-13-2008, 08:05 AM   #17
ragmopp

Just goes to show you how people have different takes on things (and maybe that is why there are different configurations). Both the wife and I couldn't stand the 'booth' seating on the SD. When relaxing after dinner and watching the tube, we just didn't like sitting at the table. Also, we added a end table to put the tv on, and it fits just fine, even with the chair.

Mike Anderson
Old 08-22-2008, 01:52 PM   #18
Queeniereads

We pull the sofa out about an inch when sitting on it -- makes the back a more pleasant angle. If you do that, put the table(s) up first. We bought a short recliner from a furniture store -- just made sure that the backdid not sit higher than the counters. Found a great one in the clearance section of a large furniture store. I always tell folks that the 3124KS really sleeps 3 adults -- that sofa would never fit the 2 of us.

Queen
Old 09-03-2008, 05:25 PM   #19
Beak12

We took our (04) out for the first time last month. My Brother and SIL went with us. They are both 150+ so one slept on the couch and the other on the floor on an air mattress. Both slept fine. But tryng to move around with chair moved to in front of the Refr and the extra storage thing moved in front of the sink. Was not fun. However I knew this going in. I never once said "I should have kept my 37' Class A"
Old 04-07-2009, 01:03 AM   #20
larsdennert

A friend just bought an 2720SL and the open living room is really nice. They are just two and I can see how the the couch doesn't make a good bed but it's usable. That'll keep them from fighting and one being sent to the front.

With our two little ones, we often all end up in the rear queen and sometimes three of us end up in a front full. By that defintion our 2720 would sleep ten. We are match sticks though.