TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2002, 06:41 PM   #1

Default Help - I'm confused!

Hi everyone~

We just bought a used 3023 -- has 1 Carlisle tire and a good year, spare is also a Carlisle.  I'd like to get them replaced but based on all of your posts can't decide which way to go.  

Is there any consensus on the best tires for this trailer?

Thanks!

~Teresa
Old 09-29-2002, 08:20 PM   #2
KB7OUR

Default Re: Help - I'm confused!

Teresa,

I'f I'm interpreting posts correctly, concensus seems to reveal that the GM's are the best way to go. Keep air pressure, loading, and speed within limits.

Wade
Old 09-30-2002, 05:14 AM   #3
Larry_Loo

Hi Teresa,

From what I've heard, the Carlisle tires have had a significant number of blowouts. We had one ourselves with a new-looking Carlisle tire. The TrailManor factory changed the standard tires on their trailers from Carlisles to Goodyear Marathons sometime in 1999. Since your 3023 probably takes a 15" tire, you can go to a heavier, 6-ply Marathon tire. This should give you added protection from a blowout than the 4-ply Carlisles that are currently on your trailer.

Modify the square-cornered wheel wells of your trailer to rounded ones. This will eliminate or minimize the damage to your trailer's interior that might occur when you do have a blowout.
Old 10-02-2002, 02:18 PM   #4

Thanks for the help everyone!  I talked with Jimmy at Trailmanor -- we can only go w/14" because of the number of lug nuts -- I think the 15" have one more.  Anyway, I ordered the tires today and should have them in a few days.