TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2007, 09:15 PM   #1
bbodenstein

Default How about this damaged TM?

Saw this on Ebay and wondered if anyone has an opinion on how difficult to fix and expected cost. Prob can be bought for a couple thou. I'm guessing.
See link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GREAT...spagenameZWDVW
Old 06-25-2007, 05:41 AM   #2
evans27292

looks a mess,my guess the insurance co. totaled it.the repaires would have to be done at the factory,looks like $15000 or more for repaires.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:11 AM   #3
dbnoll

Obviously the front shell is totalled and by the looks of the extent of damage to the shell, my guess is that the frame and main body are also damaged. Therefore it would be a total. The only part that appears to be usable is the rear shell.

DBN
Old 06-25-2007, 07:29 AM   #4
bbodenstein

Default Guess I agree with all of you

Thanks for looking.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:48 AM   #5
Bill & Lisa

too hard to fix for me to even consider it as a do it myself project. You need a very capable dealer or most likely a trip to the factory to fix this unit.

Bill
Old 06-25-2007, 12:56 PM   #6
BrigCA61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Camper View Post
I get a chuckle from reading the description. Not to belittle the advertiser at all.
Let's see: The ad said the trailer was valued at 25K. Now that would be for a 2005 in excellent shape. Not "as is".
The ad also said it had "styled steel wheels". Huh?
I appears to me that it hit something very hard, or something hit it when it was open. With both sides of the shell damaged, I agree with Dave that the main body and frame may also damaged. It is located @ 750 miles ( 15 hrs at least ) from the factory.
Now any risk taker with some time available may get a bargain here.
I agree with Leon's observations and would like to add that the seller appears to want to try to sell this as "in like-new condition" because only a small mention is made of the damage in the bottom of the description. They did however include good photos of the damage (except in one where it appears they didn't want to include the damage and the photo cuts off the majority of the front end). I think more should have been said about the amount of damage rather than how nice it will be to camp in it with the family. It looks to me like the damage occured while it was in tow - as if they tried to go through a narrow tunnel and the sides of the trailer got crunched bad - whoops! I agree with the other poster, it will be a major costly job to fix and looks like the whole front end will need to be "replaced" by the factory. Otherwise, it may be good to buy for the salvaged parts if someone needed them. But definately NOT a "good deal" for someone looking for a "very nice Trailermanor" (their words) to use immediately.