TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-27-2006, 06:32 PM   #1
SireMike

Default Replace antenna with satellite dish?

Has anyone ever replace or swapped out the tv antenna with some type of satellite dish?

Or add a satellite dish separately on the front shell?

Is it possible to replace the currently installed coax with rg6 cable or is it impossible to pull new cable through the wall, ceiling, etc?

I am currently looking at a portable solution but am curious how much trouble it would be to actually mount an antenna (auto-aligning) on my 3124ks.

I know having both would be a frivilous expense but there is always income tax refund $$$
Mike
Old 11-28-2006, 06:44 AM   #2
masterge

Why don't you just leave the TV antena and use the external tripod system for satelite dish. This way you don't have to do any modifications to the TM and you can simply bring the satelite cable through the top/bottom seal whereever you desire to have the TV.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:39 PM   #3
evans27292

Smile sat. dish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SireMike View Post
Has anyone ever replace or swapped out the tv antenna with some type of satellite dish?

Or add a satellite dish separately on the front shell?

Is it possible to replace the currently installed coax with rg6 cable or is it impossible to pull new cable through the wall, ceiling, etc?

I am currently looking at a portable solution but am curious how much trouble it would be to actually mount an antenna (auto-aligning) on my 3124ks.

I know having both would be a frivilous expense but there is always income tax refund $$$
Mike
yes, a dish can be put on front shell,automatic buy pushing a button with a tone of $1400 installed . see your dealer
Old 11-28-2006, 04:25 PM   #4
SireMike

Actually I am more concerned about the coax installed in the TM. Satellite connections are supposed to use rg6 instead of rg59.

I am not sure but I doubt if TM used that coax in the trailers in 2004

So is it possibe to fish new coax through the walls?

Mike
Old 11-28-2006, 07:56 PM   #5
Joe

RG6 has less signal loss than rg9 at those frequencies, but for the short distance involved you probably will not notice any picture deteriation unless you have a very weak signal to start with. I've used rg9 several time with my dish and it worked fine.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:50 PM   #6
pbuck1

I'll second Joe's comment. RG59 should work fine for that short length of cable. At worst it'll mean a slightly longer outage during a heavy downpour - you'll never notice the difference.
Don't park at a site with close tall trees to the south of you, though.
-Paul
Old 11-29-2006, 04:11 PM   #7
SireMike

Thanks for all the info. I ordered a portable unit and see how that works out.

Now I have to figure out if I want to try dish or direct. I am currently leaning towards direct.

My home is surrounded by trees so currently I am looking for an rv account only.

Mike