TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-05-2006, 11:04 AM   #1
rockerga

Default Suction cup flat or Convex Tow Mirrors

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/p...or/prodID=5856

When I changed my TV I also needed to get new tow mirrors; the tow type replacement for my stock Tahoe mirrors to match perfectly were over $600, that was out of the question! These are new so for the price I thought I would give them a try. I have yet to travel far with them but I am very impressed. I bought the convex and I can see around, behind, above and below my TM. They have an elastic strap just in case the suction were to fail but the beauty is since they stick (and they do stick) to your existing mirrors adjusts are a snap.

I had the "slip-on" before and the vibration was horrible and that also kept them shifting out of the proper alignment.

Just an FYI for those in need of or are looking to change and have an inexpensive option.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:53 AM   #2
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

But back in January you were so happy with the slip on!!

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ghlight=MIRROR
YWORRYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:18 PM   #3
ddnavar

Smile Different kinds of mirrors

Don
I think we have all gone through that headache.

I have 3 different types of mirrors....
I have a Toyota so the CIPA mirrors are not made for foreign vehicles. Maybe the universal one will fit.
1. I have the elastic strap mirrors that were not useful.-- too much vibration in the wind.
2.. I bought the suction cup one that would suction on the face of your mirror... problem with that one is my mirror is recessed too far into the cowling and the bar would hit the mirror cowling so I couldn't adjust it properly.
3.. The mirrors that worked well for me was the 2 mirrors for $50.00 from U-Haul that connected to the bottom of the door and on the frame below the window. "No straps"
The mirrors were much more stable and didn't viberate as much. The only problem with those is that it could scratch your side window and nick your paint. I haven't seen those for sale at u-haul for about a year.
If anyone has used the CIPA mirrors on a 4-runner, I would like to know how they worked.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:05 AM   #4
bodepn

Default Tow-n-See Suction cup mirror does not fit 2005Tundra

I've been looking for a mirror extensionor myToyota 2005 Tundra and recently tried the tow-n-see mirror. It looks like a good idea but on the Tundra the existing mirror is resessed about 3/4 inch into its cowling. Unfortunately the tow-n-see has a straight arm, that hits the cowling, keeping it from being attached to the tundra's mirror.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:05 AM   #5
Tuscany Bandit

I also have a 2005 Tundra. I have found that these CIPA mirrors work great. Have been using them for the past year and a half and have no problems with them...no vibration and easy on and off.
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...=21154:src=TSC
Old 11-15-2006, 04:54 AM   #6
rsalejandro

Default Tow-n-see mirror

I have a 2005 Toyota Tacoma, and the Tow-n-see mirrors work great, I didn't think the mirror was that different from the Tundra?
Old 11-15-2006, 05:05 PM   #7
edweidig

Default Tow-n-See

I have a Toyota Land Cruiser and the Tow-n-See mirrors wouldn't work for me either. The driver's side worked OK, but the passenger side was recessed too deeply.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:18 PM   #8
fishpondwest

I have a Honda Pilot and also use the CIPA mirrors. We towed from Texas back to California and have taken several trips up the California coast and have always found them to be secure with virtually no vibration. They are quick to put on and take off and the price won't break the bank. I did have to make some customized bends in the metal bottom hook in order to make it fit between the bottom cowling and the mirror so that it didn't hit the mirror and limit mirror adjustment. But once that was done, I have been very satisfied with them.
______
Dan
Old 11-18-2006, 09:38 AM   #9
bfezel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany Bandit View Post
I also have a 2005 Tundra. I have found that these CIPA mirrors work great. Have been using them for the past year and a half and have no problems with them...no vibration and easy on and off.
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...=21154:src=TSC
Jerry,

I also have a set of these CIPA mirrors that I use on a 2002 Tundra. I get a lot of wind whistle on the driver side. None on the passenger side. Have you experienced this problem?

Bill
Old 11-18-2006, 11:16 AM   #10
Tuscany Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfezel View Post
Jerry,

I also have a set of these CIPA mirrors that I use on a 2002 Tundra. I get a lot of wind whistle on the driver side. None on the passenger side. Have you experienced this problem?

Bill
Bill,
Yes, Occasionaly I do get some wind whistle, but not most of the time. Some times from both mirrors-some times from, just one. It seems to have to do with breezy or strong winds blowing. It also could have to do with the placement (out-in, up or down) on the tv's mirror.
But, usually the whistle is the exception rather than the rule.