TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-14-2007, 06:25 PM   #31
donnap

Default Tires

I understand what you are saying but DH is fanatical about it. TM doesn't leave the house or the campground without having tires checked.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:56 PM   #32
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

How fast were you going? It seems that you got a lot of damage from the blowout. We had one too on that side, but I only had to patch up a small hole behind the wheelwell. We keep our speed down and have made the wheelwell conversion, also travel dry (no water) and as light as possible. We bought our Marathons in '04, maybe they were the last of the good ones. Seems that many of the posts that are reporting tire failure are for tires manufactured after that date.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:04 AM   #33
donnap

Default Damage

We were traveling at 62 mph according to DH. Ford F150 with a 5.4 has a race between the gas guage and speedo at higher speeds. We don't carry water in the tank. Everything was dumped and cleaned prior to leaving campground. Tread punched two holes in the bottom of trailer but dealer body shop wants to replace entire underbelly. Denting in the side wall of rear shell warrants replacing of entire wall according to them. Thus the high cost. These two things account for about 3/4 of the price.
Donna
06 F150
06 2720SL
Old 07-15-2007, 12:07 PM   #34
Travler

Oucccch

We have a 2006 2720SD and it has about 4,000 miles on the tires and when I read articles like this it makes me wonder when are the tires on our TM going to let go and if the insurance on the coach will cover the damage.............
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:54 AM   #35
rooksroost

Our insurance, Progressive, covered our blow out damage. All but the tire.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:14 AM   #36
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Ed and Joan -

My insurance carrier is not Progresive, but I have dealt with them as the owner of the "other vehicle" in a Progressive-insured accident. I was quite impressed with the way they handled my claim. If you don't mind my asking, do you have a zero-deductible policy on your TM? And if so, what does it cost per year? I think my TM policy has a $500 deductible, and I haven't encountered any damage that I would submit a claim for.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:28 PM   #37
rooksroost

We're out on the road so I can't answer all. Found a campground with good WiFi. I know the price isn't but a couple hundred for the year. That is until my next bill, I'm suspecting a slight increase! We do have $500 deducable. When the tire went, left, did @ $1400 damage. Took out plumbing and grey tank. When the DD (me) hit the concrete pole it was more like 5K. It jumped right out at me! Dropping the TM off the end of July.