TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2006, 08:14 AM   #1
victor310

Default Equalizer Fit?

Even though i have read here that most of you use the Equalizer. Today i noticed that hanging the link plates could cause a problem. I can hang the left side(looking from the front) with no problem with the tpropane tanks, but i noticed that ill have to move the kill switch and also i have a foldaway hitch that maybe that right pin might be in the way,im going to get the rv dealer to install it for me i think for the first time,hes also got to put me a new canopy, cause might came with a tear on the splice and they are doing the warranty for Fiamma, any of you guys have ran into a problem with a setup like mine, also i hate to sound naive but is a brake controller a necessity or just another safety thing, i never had one in the Coleman Santa Fe and frsnkly never saw the use for it. o.k. hate to bother you guys with what might read kind of dum questions.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:25 AM   #2
Freedom

Besides being a "safety thing" the brake controller is the law! If your trailer has brakes you are required to have the brake controller. (At least in Washington) It would be a real mistake not to have the electric brakes functional and to get in a wreck because you couldn't stop quickly enough. The brake system on your TV is built for stopping your TV, NOT the trailer! My Jimmy has four wheel disk brakes, but even that isn't sufficient for the extra 3500 lbs that would be pushing me when trying to stop with our TM. Please, for your sake and that of other people on the road, GET THE BRAKE CONTROLLER!
Old 05-14-2006, 08:33 AM   #3
victor310

Jim: I know it was a stupid thing to even think about not getting it, Thanks, im going to get a Prodigy i think is the easiest to work.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:01 PM   #4
victor310

Thanks Leon, we have a 2006 #2619 and vertical tanks also swing around tongue, so like said if you didnt have a problem i shoulnt also have no problems either, Thanks again