TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2005, 09:34 AM   #1
TreecesLoveTrailManor

Question Wanting to Negotiate Good Deal on 2720

We are excited to join the TrailManor Owners' Forum!

We are prospective owners from Dallas. We are very much hoping to negotiate a good deal on a 2006 2720 (not an SD or SL) this year.

At the RV show in Dallas this weekend, Happy Camper dealership has two 2006 2619's (with all the big options) on sale for $22,458, or about 10.5% below retail list.

We'd like to try to negotiate about 12-14% below list on our 2720, with all the big options except the TV antenna. That would be $23,705 to $23,166, excluding delivery, dealer prep and TT&L. Is this realistic?
Old 09-30-2005, 12:51 PM   #2
Windbreaker

In, Texas, yer bet ya.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:56 PM   #3
TreecesLoveTrailManor

Default TreecesLoveTrailManor

Hey, thanks to both of you for encouraging us...

We ordered our new TrailManor today at the Dallas RV Show from Walker Alan of Happy Camper in Fort Worth. We are very excited...I think having two manufactuers' reps (wish I had asked them their names) spend an hour alone with us last night really helped.

Showed us the video, told us which salesmen they liked best in Texas! One of them has worked at the factory for more than 20 years. It is clear that they love what they do. They recommended Walker highly--nice guy.

I think the reps are responsible for the fact that although the order for our new TM goes in Monday, it will arrive before the end of October--very different from the 6-12 week wait we had heard about (and were willing to accept).

I am sure we'll have more questions as we receive the trailer and take it out to Tyler State Park in mid-November to a lakeview site I reserved back in May...we are thrilled!!
Old 10-01-2005, 07:48 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreecesLoveTrailManor
We ordered our new TrailManor today at the Dallas RV Show from Walker Alan of Happy Camper in Fort Worth. We are very excited...I think having two manufactuers' reps (wish I had asked them their names) spend an hour alone with us last night really helped.
Isn't that a great feeling? I don't know if it is unique to TM dealers, but I certainly loved it! We first stumbled upon TrailManor at the Providence, RI, RV show. Dana Cheyne (owner of MCD RV in Hyannis, MA) spent an hour with us, showing us how to set up and take down, right there on the floor. We wandered off "to look at others", and when we came back several times with more questions, Dana was right there to answer them and let us set up and take down AGAIN! A few days later, we ordered a 2720SL from MCD, and Dana arranged a special delivery schedule for us since we were leaving New England shortly.

I have dealt with a couple other TM dealers, though I still go back to MCD when I can. My experience is that dealers for whom TMs are their major product are really good. Those that handle TMs as an "oh, by the way", burying them on the back of a lot full of gigantic Montana RVs and triple-slide-out fifth-wheels, may not do as well. Just my experience ...

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:23 AM   #5
TreecesLoveTrailManor

Default Thanks, Bill!

Thanks for sharing...we are pleased that Walker Alan at Happy Camper is so enthusiastic about TrailManors. We felt that having someone who knows these trailers was the most important part of the buying process.

I want to let everyone know that Scott Dean in Georgetown emailed me late Friday with a slightly better deal, but they are 2-3 hours from us and I met Walker Alan at the Dallas RV Show in person. I want to recommend Scott if you are wanting to "wheel and deal" and live close to Austin.