TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-05-2017, 07:42 AM   #1
Casey Freswick

Default Modifications completed

Spent 16 hours working on TM in the past 5 days. Updates completed.

Bought a 400 watt inverter so my wife could sew while we test out rustic camping "sewing and rustic camping do not seem to go together to me but, happy wife...".

Wanted a clean connection so drilled a hole in the storage compartment under the bed that goes into the battery compartment and ran a direct lines using the battery connectors that came the the inverter. Works great. Then to use that connection connected a 12 volt with fuse outlet to the same wire. So now we have an inverter and a 12 volt outlet in the back of the TM.

Buffed and waxed and polished one side of the TM, which now looks new compared to the other side. Could not remove the stains with a power washer or scrubbing with soap and water. Using a polish compound. Then waxed. My TM is 2003 and any clear coat seems to have been worn off long ago.

Bought a Champion 2800 generator, weighs 100 Lbs. Tested and am very pleased with how this works. This is the same unit that now sells as a 3100 inverter.

Bought two 5 gallon water containers that inside the slide cut out area to put on from of trailer.

Bought a hitch receiver for the back of the TM with a bumper support that connects to the frame. Thought this was a good option. Will make a ramp and role my new germinator up on this. Will make a generator "garage" that will fit protect the generator in transit and bad weather. Thinking about a aluminum siding with the same kind of clamps used on the TM to tie it to my cargo carrier, that I already had.

Bought a water pump drill for 13 dollars to transfer water from containers to TM. It runs 13 gal a minute.

Bought a battery operated syphon system to transfer gas from gas container to generator, lawn mower, snow blower, power washer, etc.. I am sick of leaking spilled gas and hope this works. Reviews looked good. But I will see.

Well that about sums it up for now. More to come I am sure. But its been fun.
Casey Freswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:47 AM   #2
Casey Freswick

Default Bumper Hitch installed

The project for last night was to install the bumper hitch. It is heavy duty. Problem: would not fit on the TM bumper because of the aluminum cover. So the hitch is more than 4x4. So got my 2 grinder/cutters out, an air cutter and a Craftsman 5 1/2 inch old heavy duty electric grinder. cut the top aluminum off, and ground the ridges off the side. Fit nicely. Tightened the screw and am ready to put my cargo hauler on, or bike rack. Test coming end of July.

Also, used a "drill" water pump to move water from my 7 gallon water container to the TM. Puts out a great flow of water and expect it to work well for years to come.

Tested new battery operated siphon for filing gas equipment, ie. generator. Worked OK but needs a little tweaking. Think it needs a hose clamp. Leaked a few drops of gas. I was hoping for 0 leaks. See if it can be fixed.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:52 AM   #3
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Only shows up to you if someone replies.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:29 AM   #4
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

It shows up as a new post, for you, and everyone else, when you first post. However, once you have looked at it, it no longer shows up under new posts (it is no longer new to you, you've seen it). It will show up again, any time someone replies (because the reply is new to you). New posts are just that - new to you, and once you've read it, it won't show up in new posts again until there is a new reply.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:18 PM   #5
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Freswick View Post

Also, used a "drill" water pump to move water from my 7 gallon water container to the TM. Puts out a great flow of water and expect it to work well for years to come.

d.
Curious which one you bought. Also was water container on the ground when you pumped the water into your tank?

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:52 AM   #6
klpauba

I have yet to see a drill-powered transfer pump that can be used for drinking water.
TM: 2005 2720SL -- lift kit, 15" Maxxis, LEDs, Husky ejack, GenPro soft start, 2300W gen, "H-Bridge", 1.44 cf Edgestar frig/freezer, 2xGC2, 1KW Inverter w/auto xfer switch, Trimetric Batt Monitor, 300W Solar (1 glass & 2 flex panels), EP Solar MPPT, Thetford Curve
TV: 2021 F-150 PowerBoost XLT Hybrid -- 7.2 kW Onboard Generator Option
Previous TV: 2012 Traverse -- "Stockton" 24V Boost Device

Map of where we've camped in our TM:
http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/IAMNMONEsm.jpg
klpauba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:06 AM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I was thinking the same thing. All the ones I've seen need a bit of lubricating oil in the rotor chamber, and many appear to come pre-lubricated. If you get some oil in the drinking water tank, you'll be sad for a long time.

Casey, have you located a no-lube pump?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:08 PM   #8
klpauba

Casey, if you haven't already seen the post on the Water "H-Bridge" you might want to check it out. Using just three valves, you can install this device that allows you to fill your tank from the fresh-water drains and use the TMs built-in pump to suck water from a container using the city water connection (this in addition to using the pump as you normally would).

It's a bit of a pain to install but I think you have the skills. Many (including me) find it to be among the best upgrades of them all.

Check out http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...t=10458&page=4. A parts list is there towards the end of the page.
TM: 2005 2720SL -- lift kit, 15" Maxxis, LEDs, Husky ejack, GenPro soft start, 2300W gen, "H-Bridge", 1.44 cf Edgestar frig/freezer, 2xGC2, 1KW Inverter w/auto xfer switch, Trimetric Batt Monitor, 300W Solar (1 glass & 2 flex panels), EP Solar MPPT, Thetford Curve
TV: 2021 F-150 PowerBoost XLT Hybrid -- 7.2 kW Onboard Generator Option
Previous TV: 2012 Traverse -- "Stockton" 24V Boost Device

Map of where we've camped in our TM:
http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/IAMNMONEsm.jpg
klpauba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 03:01 PM   #9
Casey Freswick

Default Power Out New Generator Upgrade

Well I had just finished my post and my power went out. TM Onwer's Page does not do auto save. Power here is a problem. 150,000 customers out of power in the Grand Rapids area. Ours was out for 30 hours. BUT, on Wednesday of this week I convinced my wife that the Champion 2800/3100 inverter generator was the way to go. Agreement, purchase at Costco and home. Little did we know it would be running for 24 hrs. Kept the Fridge, freezer, small fridge and fan and baby monitor for the grand kids running without a hitch. Then my wife and I enjoyed the AC (with other appliances off for the night) in out TM which we still had set up in the driveway. I don't think you can find a generator in the whole city. My Son is now using it at his house. Our power is on. His is still out. Thanks for all the discussion about generators. My new one really paid off.
Old 07-08-2017, 03:08 PM   #10
Casey Freswick

Cool Water Pump

Well we will try this reply again. I was all key up. My pump works great. I test it form about 30 seconds in my new 6' hose and my old 25 foot hose. Sucked it up and spit it out without a problem.

After reading your post wen to the web sight and read this:

http://www.milescraft.com/product/drillpump750/

The DrillPump750 is designed to work with most electrical drills with a maximum speed of 2,800 RPM. This pump is ideal for draining small ponds, fish tanks, small pools or even a flooded basement. The hose connection is 3/4” and uses any standard garden hose. The unit pumps up to 750 gallons per hour and is self-priming up to 12 feet. The 3/8” shank on this unit fits all common chucks for most drills.

* It is recommended to use a common lithium grease. To apply, unscrew the side and put a bit of grease on the housing where the rubber fan blades touch, then reassemble.

WELL I hope my hose isn't ruined. I did not grease it so the factory may have. Do fish like grease?

Well I suppose I will have to go to the TM pump option. Time to study this a little more carefully.

My 24 volt DeWalt drill is not wasted. I use it for all the jacks on the trailer. I bought or modified them to work with a 3/4" bit. Just be careful you do not break your wrist going to fast when the drill starts to twist when the jack gets down. Or use the adjustable screw setting to get you down.

Thanks for the help and bursting my bubble about my new non-potable water water drill.