TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-06-2005, 01:54 PM   #21
ourworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunter917
My wife uses a CPAP. I cut a board that fits across the tub and we set it on that. We plug it in using the bathroom receptacle.
Putting a CPAP in the bathroom is not a good idea because it will be picking up the chemical odors from the toilet. The chemicals are either formaldihide or chlorine, both not safe for the lungs. Doing this all night long creates damage to the lungs. Read the labels. If you leave machine in tub, it is important that you use a enzyme based chemical for toilet that is safe for this application.

We have his and her CPAPs. We keep one in each corner at the back of the bed like on nightstands at home. We connect using a 15 foot heavy duty extension cord with double outlet that is run under back window, along the bed under side window, behind the wardrobe and connected to the outlet behind dinette 3326 2004 trailer.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:04 AM   #22
aldebnj

I have used my CPAP while dry camping overnight using one of those battery/booster packs you find in automotive departments. I get about 7 hours or so per charge. For extended trips I plan on using two in rotation. They can be charged from your TV while riding around town.

Al
Old 12-05-2005, 06:52 AM   #23
MidwestDave

Smile Cpap users

I inquired about my Remstar plus machine being used on DC current.
I was told If my machine had the DC female receptical in the back next to AC plug-in I could use an adapter they had. They wanted $61 for it. I asked how much current it would pull and the person said if you did not charge the battery for three days it would last just about that, three days!
I did go to the Remstar web site and find the DC adapter for around $25.00.
We have not got our new 2006-2720 yet so I can't give any more detail than that. Any one who thinks they have sleep apnea get it checked out! You will sleep better and feel much more rested after you have had a good nights sleep!
Soon to be a 2720 owner.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:28 PM   #24
trailmanners

Default Using C-PAP at Campsites

Hi,

I don't get away from campsite plug-ins, but I was intrigued by finding someone else who uses a C-PAP. I won't be much help with boonie-energy, but as far as where to put it, I just let mine sleep with me in bed. But then I sleep in bed alone. The unit and hose just rests beside me.

I prefer to go directly to the campsite plug outside, so I run a utility cord to it. I found that I can work the cord's plug inside the TM at a small opening at the bed.

I hope you can resolve this question for your own needs. I know about sleep apnea!

Working on my

trailmanners.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:47 AM   #25
heyokasni

My wife uses a Remstar Plus and we bought the 12 volt DC adaptor a few years ago. We powered it first with an extra rv battery and then later added a 12 volt receptacle in our Winnebago. We haven't used it in our TrailManor yet but are pretty sure it will sit on the counter top to the left of the wardrobe and we'll run the hose, possibly with an extension behind the wardrobe to the bed.

The performance on 12 volts is ok but the unit takes a bit longer to come up to speed than it does on 110 volts. It's really nice to have the flexibility to run on 12 volts. We'll be boondocking for about 2 1/2 weeks in June and will be running it on 12 volts during that time. We haven't decided whether it makes sense to add an additional battery to the TrailManor and then put a 12 volt receptical in the Kitchen or just run off of an extra battery dedicated to the c-pap. We'll probably decide after this summer's outing.