TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #1
Limbery

Default Considering trading in my TT on one...

Although everything in campers and RVs is a give and take trade-off....I wished I'd found these last year when I bought my TT...It's got it's own advantages...like the Trailmanor Sports....it's only 7'1" wide and at 18' length, it has a large 27" slide out on the side...so what I've got now isn't too bad but it's still a tall hard side TT....
The big appeal I see to the Trailmanors is besides being even lighter and easier to pull....I'd especially like it if it would fit through my standard height garage door and it would be even better if it could be opened up inside the garage...(great for guests in the colder months who could use the indoor facilities without going outside)...other advantage would be that since my garage doesn't go below freezing, I wouldn't have to winterize....also like that it must be great for roof inspections when you'd just need a small stepladder....
Downside is that I'd be losing my dry bath and there's still the assembly in the Trailmanor....2 min?...that must be just for the initial front and back lifting....How much longer does it realistically take to assemble the bath area, raise the wardrobe, make sure all the perimeter is sealed with the over flap inside etc?...another disadvantage is one can't just stop at a rest stop and go inside to use the washroom....
Questions about length...is the stated length on the Trailmanor brochure the total bumper to hitch end length? When putting up the top parts I assume that the highest point is actually a couple of inches higher than the completed trailer height?(since it appears to swing up and then rests a bit lower than the highest point?)
What's the consensus (if there is one) on which type of toilet available is better?(the recirculating or cassette)...so there is no black water tanks in these but just a grey?...and a fresh water too?
Old 02-13-2014, 03:44 PM   #2
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Hi Limbery,

Welcome to our forum. you're right a TM takes longer to put up than 2 minutes; however most of us can get it set up in 10 to 15 minutes depending on how level the ground is. You always want to level it first before opening it.

The toilet is another issue that everybody has a different opinion about. I personally did not care fore the recirculating Thetford and opted to remove it and install the Thetford Curve, which is a cassette style unit. Some owners swear by their recirc's though, so it is personel preferance.

The length of the units can be offset by getting the optional swing hitch which reduces the storage length by 2 feet, so a 2720 unit can easily be stored in a standard garage.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

They come with a 20 gallon or 40 gallon fresh water tank and a 30 gallon grey water.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:46 PM   #3
Limbery

Thanks for the info...
One other question, can you leave one or both end beds made up while folded down...
I notice someone had remarked that they stowed mattress pads on the floor while travelling... Does this mean that there isn't any clearance for the added thickness when the trailer is folded down?
Old 02-13-2014, 05:10 PM   #4
clown9644

I own the 3023 with folding tongue and it fits in my garage with no problem. You did mentioned using it in the garage for guests but your garage would have to be very tall to allow that. You also commented about a dry bathroom, mine is. It has a small tub/shower that works as good as any campers and I personally have no issue with the recirc commode. The 3023 comes with a couch and two chairs, a standard and a queen bed. Couch is a hide a bed as well. I have put my unit up in the rain in a little over 2 minutes and then inside for another few minutes out of the weather to get it all done.

Unfortunately I will be selling mine when I get back home due to health issues. The camper is terrific, the forum is terrific and the folks at the get togethers are terrific. You will be happy you upgraded to a TM honest.

Dave
Old 02-13-2014, 05:19 PM   #5
Limbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by clown9644 View Post
I own the 3023 with folding tongue and it fits in my garage with no problem. You did mentioned using it in the garage for guests but your garage would have to be very tall to allow that.

Dave
I have 21 feet length in my garage...so does that mean that a 3023 with the -2' of the folding hitch would squeeze in there?
...also my height at the lowest point due to a heat duct above, is 106" so it's a bit below the 102.5" (and it's possible that if there was an air conditioner or roof vent that wouldn't be in that location, i still may be able to set it up in there?
....Oh...wait...I just realized that one that long would be tight when closed so there'd be no way it could use the extra length required to open up...right?
Old 02-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #6
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

You would need to pull the TM out of the garage to open it,for it would be 27 to 30 ft. long when open.
You may leave bedding on the beds at each end, but nothing over about one inch of thickness when closing it up.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:13 PM   #7
Limbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtail Cruiser View Post
You would need to pull the TM out of the garage to open it,for it would be 27 to 30 ft. long when open.
You may leave bedding on the beds at each end, but nothing over about one inch of thickness when closing it up.
So a 2720 model would work with the garage door closed then?
Old 02-13-2014, 09:24 PM   #8
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

I replaced the mattress that came with the TM with a two-bladder air mattress. I just looked for it on the Camping World Website, but didn't find it. Maybe out of stock. But, I got it at Camping World.

My point is, when I deflate them for travel, I have my foam mattress pad and bedding on top of it. When I get where we are going, I use a 12v blower to pump them up. Each mattress takes less than a minute, and I can make them as firm or soft as I want. I like keeping all the bedding in-place, and not having to "pack" the bed for travel.

I would say it takes a total of 6-8 minutes to completely set up our TM, from the time it is level, until it is "put together". It takes less than a minute to close all the side flaps, and about a minute to put up bathroom. I hang my cabinet, open the table, and it is set. I have no wardrobe, but that would take less than 30 seconds. Any other setup is no different than a regular trailer - light the water heater, and switch the fridge over to propane, open curtains, etc.

To me, the ease of towing is a huge plus, and is worth the two minutes to get the shell up. If we needed to make a pit stop along the road, I would have no problem having it ready for pit-stop use in less than 3 minutes, as I wouldn't be closing flaps, Just pop the shells, and set up bathroom walls. Ready to use, and quick to close.

As for the toilet, I love the cassette. I can take it to an outhouse to empty, either daily, or wait a few days between trips. We had a 3-gallon in our previous 2417, and I emptied it once in the middle of a week-long trip, and at the end. No problem. Our new 2417KD has a 6-gallon cassette, which is now what they use on all cassette models. No black-water hoses to deal with. My personal preference.

If you get a TM, I think you will really appreciate the ease of towing, and realize the setup is not a problem.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:48 AM   #9
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limbery View Post
Thanks for the info...
One other question, can you leave one or both end beds made up while folded down...
I notice someone had remarked that they stowed mattress pads on the floor while travelling... Does this mean that there isn't any clearance for the added thickness when the trailer is folded down?
We leave our beds made up. Replaced the TM mattress with two LL Bean 4" self inflating pads placed side by side. That way no fighting over covers.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:31 AM   #10
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limbery View Post
So a 2720 model would work with the garage door closed then?
The 2720 is 20 ft closed and 27ft up and open. Your garage would have to be more than 27ft long and 9ft tall.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote