TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2003, 01:41 PM   #31
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Default Re:Gonna replace my Cherokee with a Tundra

[quote author=Bill link=board=20;threadid=1436;start=msg10234#msg1023 4 date=1066587657]
Well, in a perfect world, you would have not only the racks, the tonneau cover, and the toolbox, but also a bed-mounted crane hoist, so you could lift the toolbox in and out at a whim!

Sure would make loading and unloading that dirt bike easier, too.
[/quote]

Heehee...I think the crane is probably overkill. ;D But for loading/unloading the dirt bike one of these ramps (http://www.cargogear.com/Ramps/motorcycle.htm) will be just the ticket.

Quote:
Philosophical question - at what point does a truck become a pig???? Did I just reach it?
Methinks you just might have gone beyond that point. But then again, a truck is supposed to be a utility vehicle capable of all sorts of load hauling tasks so maybe not. Hmmmmmmmm.....
RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 04:14 PM   #32
Windbreaker

There was a truck parked down the block from us about a year ago that had a sissor lift on the bed. They had it jacked up about ten feet when I drove by once, well the front was about ten the rear was maybe eight. I guess you can do just about anything you would like with them.

On the Trikke, Ray you are right, those young guys sure make it look easy. My hips really told me how old I was after about 5 min. on the thing the first time. DW said she thinks women have an advantage in their use is that the motion uses is not that different is the way they walk where as we guys have to learn to swing our hips. You can get up to about 20 mph really fast on them though. The only thing I don't like is that they have the instability that all three wheeled transports that have the center of gravity above the wheel axles have. It looked to me as if they would be a little more stable but they are not. Sure beats inline skates though.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:07 PM   #33
Robin

I could use some good advice about buying a truck bed cover for my Tundra. I have a vinyl cover on it now that I like, but because I want to keep stuff in there that is safe from theft I want a locking metal rollup cover.

Googling is getting me nowhere fast. I can't find the product on the net. Any ideas on manufacturers and places I can buy them?

Thanks
Old 10-22-2003, 08:19 PM   #34
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Robin,

I found one at Pace Edwards. www.paceedwards.com

Ray found one at: http://www.cargogear.com/peragon/peragon.htm

HTH MJL
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote