TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #11
Drews60

I just purchased my 2008 2720 with AC, stero radio, awning and swing away hitch with the WD hitch. I rated it in very good condition. I paid $15,500.

We love it.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #12
clown9644

My thoughts from your posts:

If this is a private seller you should probably not offer more than 14.5 and then take the unit to a dealer for WDH, Brake controller (you can install yourself in most vehicles in under 2 hours) and get the wheel bearings repacked (they will have to check and adjust brakes when they do this so do not ask or they may charge you!). If they do not want to negotiate I would wait a month or so and call them to see if they are ready to sell it.

If a dealer I would offer the 15.5 with the additions. If he is a TM dealer he will know it is a fair offer/

Either way, I think a private or dealer will wiggle some but you are on the way to buying a great camper.

NOTE: At the TM Jubilee it was determined over a campfire that more than half of us have bought our TMs used and traveled out of our state to get it. We sort of wondered where all the folks are that buy them NEW and trade them in, etc. Nobody had the answer and there were only 3 folks at the campfire (about 25 of us) that had bought theirs new!
Old 07-03-2012, 07:20 AM   #13
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

http://www.thecarshowinc.com/

Looks like they have two SD models for sale...both at less than what you're looking at.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #14
moaboy

Interesting claim to be the #1 TrailManor dealer, I'd thought that honor would go to Custom RV in CA ...but whose counting?
Old 07-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #15
Redhawk

I don't know about being #1 in sales, but they could easily be #1 in customer satisfaction. They are a great dealer. But I am biased.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #16
Skipper64

Default Thanks Scott

Scott, you are correct when you mentioned that the price is only fair if you are willing to pay it. This trailer was clearly kept in a garage when not in use and is in very good condition. The range burners have very little heat discoloration on them and there is no wear marks on the floors, counter tops of handles. I am still negotiating, who knows where I will end up. $18,500 is a little high for me right now. The good part is I want it, but I don't have to have it.
Skipper64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #17
moaboy

I agree, seems a little high,but as someone who takes very good care of my TM, I'll probably ask more if and when the day comes I sell mine. While "condition" is important you can't price an older model too much above its age range, a 2008 is still a 2008 and model year is still the biggest driver in setting a price, with condition being the next factor in my opinion. If I were buying used I think I'd rather pay more for one that has been well taken care of - unless you really like "fixer uppers" or have no choice financially.
The market varies significantly depending on where you are buying. Supply and demand varies across the country. You'll have more option the farther you are willing to look, that adds time and expenses.
Good luck.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:34 AM   #18
robertkennel

I purchased my 2008 SL for 18,000 in 2009. It was in perfect condition(with just about every option including A/C and swing hitch) and bought it from a dealer. I believe the price is too high. Just wait a little while, he may not sell it and maybe he'll come back with a more attractive price.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #19
Skipper64

Default Got it for $15K

Thank you for all of you input. It took a bit, but I got the trailer for $15,000. The only option it doesn't have is the swing hitch, but I can live with that.
Skipper64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #20
Scott O

I'd say you did real well! Welcome to the ranks of TM owners, and don't hesitate to ask questions!

A couple of other things. Join this forum as it will allow access to many things when your 30 day trial runs out. Very much worth the small cost. Also, please add a signature about your location, tow vehicle and Trailmanor. It will help with answers.