TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2011, 11:33 PM   #1
SSpeed

Default Test Panel / holding tank

I ran some test today on the grey water storage, since I feel like its filling up much faster than it should. I calculated that my holding grey water tank only takes 3.5 gallons for the test panel to show it as full. Reading today that the holding tank should be 30 gallons, I am rather confused.

Any ideas what I can do to fix this? or any other test I can try to find out why this is testing wrong?
Old 05-09-2011, 06:25 AM   #2
rumbleweed

Are you sure it is emptying completely on empty?
Is it really full when the sensor says full?
Might just be some crud on the inside of the tank shorting the sensors. Add some dishwasher soap and hot water to the tank and drive a few miles on a slightly rough road then empty. Also check the wiring to the three level sensors on the outside of the tank. Do the 1/4 1/2 and 3/4 level indicators progressively illuminate as you add you 3.5 gals ?
Old 05-09-2011, 08:01 AM   #3
SSpeed

Im pretty sure it is emptying completly. Also, the sensors do light up progrssively. Im not sure how to check if it is really full or not besides checking the test panel. Most likly there is crud on the sensors, as everything else on the trailer has had to be cleaned or replaced. Ill crawl up under there and see if I can remove the sensors, and check how they look.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:10 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

A suggestion. Empty the tank. Then push a flexible rod of some kind (or heavy wire) up through the drain valve and into the tank. If there is something blocking the exit, the rod will push it aside, and you will suddenly get 25 gallons of gray water all over you.

It has happened before.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
Scott O

You can tell when the grey tank is full when water begins to back up through the bath tub, which is the low point in the system. Don't know if it is a good idea to try and remove the sensors, as that would break whatever seal there is. Better to add a couple of gallons of water and some soap and drive that way to your next camping spot. Bottom line, the tank holds 30 gallons. So the sensors must have a problem or it is just not draining completely.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #6
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Just a thought:

If your sensors are located on the backside of the tank like mine are and if the TM (or the tank) is not level (tilted toward the rear), then it's possible that a small amount of water could hit the sensors too early.

Tim