TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
ED-n-KEL

Default More/Closer Dealers

I guess the one thing I'd like to get over to TM is the weak dealer network.
From what I've seen, the existing dealers tend to be the smaller "mom & pop" operations, and they are few and far between.
My "local" (3hr drive) TM dealer was a rather small operation that just went belly up, and now I find that my new "local" dealer is in the next state some 8hrs away....and they too seem to be a very small operation... not a big selling point for me.

In contrast I have two very large RV dealers about 40mins from the house, one of which is a CampingWorld Superstore offering not only full supplies, but full service.
Although the TM fits my bill better than any rv I've looked at, the geography issues are a major consideration and would be enough to sway me towards something different.

Another issue I'd like to see for the prospective buyer is a more detailed website. Keeping in mind that I'm 8hrs away from even looking at a TM, I'd like to see pictures and have more detailed descriptions of things like the options and features. Telling me that items like a "TV Shelf", "Bike Receiver", or "Solar Panel" are available, but not showing me what they are/look like, and what and how they work is weak.

Not taking anything away from this site, I think they should also run their own "factory forum" for customer support. I understand they have great support via a phone call, etc, but sometimes the questions are just not that big of a deal and could be easily answered via email/forum.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I have emailed Trail Manor quite a few times and Ed Lytle always replies to my emails in a timely fashion.

http://www.trailmanor.com/WebDocs/Forms/contacttm.html

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:14 AM   #3
g87615
Site Sponsor

I agree with the dealer network. Our dealer (3 hrs away) quit selling Trailmanors this year and the next closest is a longer drive. I would like to see a support internet site that would have downloadable product documentation as well as orderable parts from Trailmanor. Trailmanor has always been responsive to my requests but being able to order parts without having to go through the dealer or even start the email trail with the factory would really be nice for us do-it-yourselfers........
g87615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #4
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by g87615 View Post
I agree with the dealer network. Our dealer (3 hrs away) quit selling Trailmanors this year and the next closest is a longer drive. I would like to see a support internet site that would have downloadable product documentation as well as orderable parts from Trailmanor. Trailmanor has always been responsive to my requests but being able to order parts without having to go through the dealer or even start the email trail with the factory would really be nice for us do-it-yourselfers........
I would be inclined to believe that a dealer likes to make money off of service and parts, after the sale. I would think it might make it hard on Trailmanor (or any manufacturer) to go into what could be considered "direct competition" with their dealer network on this service and parts.

If you are a sales rep for TrailManor, how many dealers do you think you are going to be able to enlist, once you tell them that you will be selling direct to the customer (and maybe even undercut them on price).

I know that Tmanor does take care of their customers, and do sell them parts and service their trailers if necessary (basically as a last resort thing)........but if they started actually advertising it and make a factory parts order system as suggested.......I think they would also have to sell their trailers themself....as no independent dealer would touch them. Now, can you imagine the costs for Tmanor of setting up their own dealerships across the country, to just sell their own brand of trailers? It would be too much.

For all we know, Trailmanor may have had dealers quit them, because Tmanor does sell parts to their customers. The car manufacturers won't sell direct. You have to go thru their dealer network. If you are following the news, the car manufacturers are saying the exact opposite...that they have too many dealers in the network (saturation), and are cutting them back.

I think that Tmanor has to find a middle ground between their dealer network and their end customers....and try to keep them all happy........which is sorta what we got now.

Just my opinion, feel free to hate it.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #5
Nature Recorder

A thought about part sales.
Why not get TM to supply an online order catalog to their dealers that they could run on their website. The dealer then can select an nominal markup rate based on percentage of dealer cost. Most dealers websites that I have looked at already have online/mailorder sales for other RV items.
You could then shop parts through your dealers website, place your order and be able to choose dealer dilivery for pickup/install or direct delivery to your home for those that like DIY.