TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2002, 09:48 AM   #11
Happytrails

Default Re: Argh!

Wade, thanks for the tip on the Buddy Heater. I almost missed your message. I may try it, dunno yet, really wish someone with some experience with it in their TM could let me know.

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.........[/glow]
Old 10-25-2002, 10:40 AM   #12

Default Re: Argh!

Everyone needs to be sure they have load range "C" or "D" tires.  My 3124 was upgraded from a "C" to a "D".
The D's carry 65 pounds.  We have been through the blowouts on two C's and now with the D's we only had one Carlisle blister.  Have had a Goodyear on one side and a Carlisle on the other and towed over 8,ooo miles since July of 2001 and had no more tire trouble.  Did read that with a car tire, an extra 2 pounds of air would increase the speed rating by 10%; so to make up for potential problems with tire gauges, I now keep the tires at 67.5 pounds cold. What I have not done is change the label on the trailer to indicate that the tires are now D's and need 65 pounds of air pressure.. Remember a trailer tire is only speed rated at 65 MPH.  (I tow at whatever the legal limit is and am towing some at 75mph.)